[02] I DON'T LIKE STAN

After a few bowling matches with Stanley, Lana was quite cheery

After a few bowling matches with Stanley, Lana was quite cheery. He had offered her a ride home, but she politely declined and decided to walk home.

When she nears her house, she gets a text message from her mother. 'Don't come home tonight.'.

She sighs. Every once in a while, her mother would send her this message. It's either a warning that she's drunk, going to get drunk, or has people over.

She has absolutely no clue where to go. She couldn't go to a friend's house, since she doesn't quite have any except causal acquaintances.

She knew Stanley, though she wouldn't feel comfortable spending the night with him. Suddenly, she hears a voice behind her.

It sounds familiar, though she wasn't sure from where until she spun around. "You lost?" The curly headed girl asks.

"I—Uh." Lana stammers, unsure of what to respond. "Lana, right? I'm Dina. We have a few classes together, I believe." She holds out her hand.

Lana reluctantly shakes it, then smiles. "Right. I thought I recognized you from somewhere." She nods.

"So, are you lost?" Dina repeats. "In a way." Lana admits, scratching the back of her neck. "In what way?"

"I, Uh... I need a place to stay." She responds. She didn't want to force Dina into giving her one, so she was hesitant.

"Oh. I'd be glad to have you over. Mind if I ask why,  though?" She inquires. "Got a text from my mom not to come home today." She explains, flashing her the text message, though it was moved away too fast for her to read it.

"Oh, yeah. I totally understand. My house isn't too far away." She smiles, leading the girl away. "Thanks." Lana beams, following after her.

***

"Hey, What do you think of Bradley Lewis?" Dina asks, taking a seat on her bed beside Lana, who was skimming through a magazine. "He's alright. Never bothered me. Why?" She asks, looking up at her.

"Well, I think he likes me." She says excitedly. "No way, really?" Lana grins.

"I mean, he's been really nice to me
lately." She giggles. "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you." Lana exclaims.

"I'm hoping he asks me to homecoming." Dina adds. "Hey, break the gender stereotypes and ask him yourself."
Lana nudges the girl's shoulder.

"God, no. I'd be shaking. The words wouldn't be able to leave my mouth." Dina shakes her head. "Anyone ask you yet? You're pretty cool, I'd be surprised if you didn't already have a date." Dina asks the girl, who shakes her head, lightly chuckling. "No, no."