Prologue

//Katie's POV//

I sat on the ground, crying. I could feel the mascara running down my face.

"Katie?" I heard her voice call out.

"Go away." I whined, not really meaning what I said.

"Was it him?" she asked.

"How did you know?" I mumbled under the tears.

"Because I warned you that he's a douchebag but you didn't listen." She sat next to me and hit my shoulder in a playful way.

"I know, I should have listened to you." I said finally looking at her.

"It's okay. No one really does anyway." she said smiling.

"I'm sorry for fighting with you, too." I said, laying my head on her shoulder.

"It's fine, I kinda deserved it." She started laughing, which made me laugh.

"Stop making me laugh! I'm trying to be mad!" I said, looking at her, but we continued laughing anyways.

"Hey?" I said.

"What?"

"You can do what you wanted now." I told her.

Her eyes lit up and she hugged me. "You're the best!"

"No. We're the best." I said.

"Best."

"Friends."

We laughed and hugged it out. She suddenly got up and walked over to him.

"Hey, pretty boy!" She shouted.

I watched closely, trying not to laugh. The boy turned, around looking confused.

"Thirsty?" She asked.

"Actually, I am." he replied, smirking.

"Well then here you go!" She said, walking over to the table.

She grabbed the spoon from the punch bowl and put it aside as she grabbed the bowl. The boy was turned around unaware what she was about to do.

"There's your drink."

He turned around as she poured the punch on him. She dropped the bowl and ran back to the tabled and grabbed a bowl of Skittles.

"Come on. Let's go!"

"You do realize that this is going to earn us a hell lot of detention, right?"

She shrugged. "You're worth it."

I smiled. It felt good to finally have my best friend back.