Chapter 4-

//Katie's POV//

"Hey."

"Hey!"

"Katie."

"Katie!"

I heard a sudden snap and realized Brooke had been trying to get my attention for the past 10 minutes.

"What are you-" she looked in the direction I was staring.

"You're looking at Jc, Aren't you?!" She questioned looking back and forth.

"Yeah...I mean, no!" I stumbled as I tried coming back to reality.

"Yes you were! You're crushing aren't you?!" She got close to my face, staring at me as if she were looking into my soul.

"Absolutely not!" I flicked her head, hoping she'd lay off.

"You like the bad boy..." Brooke sang, laughing

"And you like girls..." I said, poking her nose.

"I do not!" She said, getting serious.

"Then I don't like Jc." I said, smirking.

"That makes no sense, at all."

When I looked back up, Jc was staring right at me. He shot me a smile and I had no other choice but to smile back. I mean he's so cute. Wait, no. Not cute. Absolutely not.

When class ended, Brooke left class to her Geometry class, which was located at the other side of the school. While gathering all my stuff, I threw my bag over my shoulder and held my binder and some books. I turned around, walking out, to only bump into someone.

"Hey watch it..." I said, trying to pick up my books.

"Sorry." A male's voice spoke.

When I stood up, I found myself face to face with Tristan standing in front of me.

"Well look who I found..." he said with excitement.

"Oh my god!" I hugged him tightly, nearly breaking the poor boy.

"When did you get here?!" I asked, letting go of him.

"This morning." he said.

Wait. Pause. Let me rewind. Okay so Tristan is an old friend from when we were babies and we had made an promise that if by the time we are both 18 and aren't dating anyone, we'd date each other. I mean he was my best friend in the whole world until he moved away in 7th grade, due to lack of money. And here he is now in 11th grade, right in front of me.

"Dude, I've missed you so much!" I hugged him again.

"Me too! You've changed..." he said, hugging back.

When I released him from my bear hug his faced had gone from 'I just won the lottery' to 'my puppy died'.