𝟎𝟏 || 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

The young captive pressed her back against the concrete wall as she scanned her surroundings. Her breath stayed low as the cool April air just barely reflected off of the glowing moonlight.

Her mismatched eyes focused on the cameras above. Waiting for them to shift ever so slightly so she could escape, sprinting to the next blind spot. Throwing her back against the flower arrangements as she prepared to move once more, only to hear a few voices heading in her direction. Shit.

Diana Rogers-Stark hunched lower, hiding within the shadows as the two guards walked right past the teen. She knew escaping during the shift change had it's risks, but what other option did the young Avenger have?

Once they past her she waited. Counting to ten before slipping past the corner of the obscure building and bolted towards the next location. The blonde stood light on her feet and made sure to stay in the darkest parts of the courtyard before making it to her desired location.

She found it rather ironic that the abilities she had were so useful for an attempted escape from captivity, but at the same time too risky to even consider an option. Not that they would even be considered useful as Diana's abilities were so limited.

After the events in New York Diana had gained the abilities of the space stone she had accidentally touched. Portals. Or Pockets, which her cousin Tony Stark had under trademark for her.

In theory they would be a perfect power to escape her captors, but in practice they were nothing short of a disadvantage, due to their massive blue glow surrounding them.

Not only would using one lead to the hostage being spotted almost instantly, but the girl was still very inadequate. The sizing was a constant struggle. As of then she could have them be the size of her own body or the height and width of a softball. No bigger, no smaller, no in between.

That's not even accounting the fact of how much energy is drawn out of the fourteen year-old's body every time she conjures up one. Or how the furthest she could travel was five steps. It was basically useless.

So Diana stuck to her backup plan, a good old break in the fence. Which she happened to noticed last night after one of her scheduled guarded walks. It looked rather rusted, probably due to the water being so close, but the captive was certain with enough force it could break.

The Avenger's black converse were just the kick the rust needed to make the chain link fence break apart. Her Stark smirk, courtesy of her late mother, shinned in victory as she stared at her escape.

After a quick dust off the girl threw her getaway bag over her pale and scarred shoulder. Looking behind her and giving her prison a final glance. Sending it a single fingered gesture before sauntering away.

Diana had a bounce in her step as she cut through the forest, smirking while counting the steps, "One, two, three, four..."

"Five?" A new voice asked.