𝟎𝟐 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

'And I don't know how it gets better than this...' Diana Rogers trailed off as she practised yet another one of her mother's songs.

A small way for the then ten year-old to feel connected to a parent that was long gone. Ever since she could remember the sound of a guitar would bring her comfort, so playing one gave her this fuzzy feeling. One she never wanted to lose.

And thankfully as her mother was considered the literal Patron Saint of American Music. Meaning the talent was literally flowing through her veins. Ever since she had learned a bit more control over her strength, Diana's skills were vastly improving. Though it wasn't as if she didn't practise at every position second she could.

Sitting in her room she stood up and pretended to be playing to a crowd as she joyfully sang. Her fingers plucking the strings as if she had been doing this for years as she daydreamed about the future.

After months upon months of begging, crying and a short lived hunger strike, Diana finally got confirmation that she would be allowed to attend public school. Well... as public as an heiress was allowed.

The National Arts of America academy, NAOA to be exact. A place considered to be one of, if not, the greatest school for the arts, having many alumni going far in their fields. And once they got wind that a descendant of the Saint Lady Liberty wanted to attend they sent her an acceptance letter without even sending an application.

Of course there were many legal and safety issues Tony and Homeland security had to agree upon but that wasn't important to her at the time. All that mattered was the confirmation. She was going to real school. Diana would be going to school in September... and with her eleventh birthday just around the corner she could just taste that academy uniform she'd gain in only a matter of months.

She didn't even notice her parents standing before her until Pepper loudly clapped once the song was over. Breaking out of her fantasy she smiled at the pair, "Whatcha think?"

Pepper, giving a smile that seemed rather pained, came closer and kissed the child's forehead, "Amazing. As usual."

Diana gave a smile and turned to Tony, waiting for his usual joke over her loud noises that made the tower rumble. Yet nothing came. Instead she noticed him standing by the entryway, looking rather mellow for once.

She tilted her head as she looked at the sorrowful pair, "Is... everything okay?"

Tony let out a small scoff as Pepper frowned, "Can sit for a minute?"