Las Vegas

In February my family and I went on a trip to Las Vegas. I knew that I went to Las Vegas before but never remembered it and so I thought that because I didn’t remember it that the trip wasn’t great. I remained optimistic, however, that this trip would be one to remember for years to come. The plane ride was like any plane ride crowded and somewhat uncomfortable. To make matters worse it took 6 hours because we needed to have connecting flights to get to Nevada. With the plane ride taking up all day and my rear hurting all I wanted to do was go to bed. When I landed however my entire opinion on the whole trip was changed. The first thing that hit me was the temperature. Before we had left it was freezing and I could see my breath, but when we arrived at Las Vegas I was wrapped in a blanket of warmth. I was very egger to see the rest of the city but first we had to get our car. When we actually got to Las Vegas I was dumbfounded. Seeing the beauty made my heart skip a beat. We proceeded down the strip and although it was night the city was lit up as though it was day. Vibrant neon colors filled my eyes and I was speechless. When we arrived at our hotel I thought we were staying in a castle it was so huge. The sites were only one part of the trip that made me realize the beauty of the man made paradise. The Hoover Dam, other hotels, shows, art work, food, music and the smell all contributed to a trip that I know for a fact I will not forget and that filled me up with overwhelming wonder and astonishment. One thought was going through my mind and that was how I could have forgotten a trip to the same beautiful place.