𝟏.𝟏

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐦𝐢𝐝-𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐦𝐢𝐝-𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲

Lydia pulled down the side of her navy plaid skirt for the millionth time. She groans in annoyance, regretting the uncomfortable "outfit of the day look." The decision is reckless but she had a purpose. Not everyday you see a teenage girl wearing a skirt in the dead cold winter of January. However, she's grateful she wore tights, at least she's not that stupid to the extent of freezing her petite body. She is stupid for dressing up for a boy. A boy that might never even ask her to prom.

In her hand, a copy of Romeo and Juliet. Her eyes glued at the worn out yellow pages, scanning the faded text. She has a test in English about the whole book in a few days. It wasn't the best book she read, but it certainly pleased her naive mind. A book about forbidden love, tragedy, and complex realities. She felt sorry for Romeo and Juliet, and their ends.

Lucky enough, it's only fiction. Lydia closed the book shut and held it with her left arm. She walked through the crowded hormonal hall of La Push Highschool, trying to make it to her locker. These past few weeks, countless guys have been asking her to prom. She turned all of them down because she didn't even know their names. Most importantly, they weren't him. Lydia waited patiently for the certain guy to ask her out but she's starting to lose confidence. All her efforts to dress nice are going to waste everyday.

Opening her locker, Lydia placed the worn-out book inside. As she was in the process of taking out her notebooks, three tall boys with warm copper skin approach Lydia with their usual goof smiles. Quil leaned at the locker next to her with crossed arms. "Are you free tomorrow?" Quil questioned blankly.

Lydia looked at Quil and the other two boys. She took out her chemistry book before shutting the locker door shut. "Good to see you too, Quil," she said with a playful tone in her voice. Rotating her body, so her back is against the metal locker, she gave them a curious look. "What's happening tomorrow?" She questions.

"We're going to visit Jake and his girlfriend," Quil answered with a mischievous smirk. Lydia gave Quil a look, then towards Jacob, who stood next to Embry's left.

"We're going to see the Bella Swan?" Lydia gawk in surprise.

"Yah, we'll finally see if the bike building story is true," Quil answered. He pushed himself off the metal locker and stood next to Embry.

"And you're okay with us going?," Lydia directed to Jacob.

"It's mostly Quil's and Embry's idea to go," Jacob sighed.

Lydia hummed to the response. The school bell rang through the halls ways, signalling that lunch started. Lydia pushed herself off the locker to walk towards the cafeteria. The three boys followed her lead.