Chapter 3

Chapter 3.

"He-Hello?" I said nervously.

I looked over at Eva and she kept mouthing "Horse Knit" which made no sense at all. She must of realize I didn't understand because she rolled her eyes and focused back on the road to the university.

"Why are you nervous boo? You act like you don't know who it is." A sweet deep voice came though the other line.

"Uhh.." I tried to think quickly before embarrassing myself.

He laughed.

Too late.

"This is Natalia Johnson, correct?" He hit me again with his intriguing sound.

"Yes, and this is Mr. Full of Himself, correct." I rolled my eyes. I just have to remember that. We're friends. That's it.

He laughed again,
"What's up, gorgeous?"

I blushed.

"Uhh...We are friends remember? You don't have to call me that. You can just call me Nat."

*SMACK*
And pain spread throughout my arm.

"Ouch!" I yelled.

"Are you okay???" His voice was so concerned.

Eva looked at me and at the phone, then shook her head. She grabbed my phone and put him on mute.

"Are you crazy?! You haven't had a date in what? 4 months ?? This guy is cute. Do NOT friendzone him!" She handed me back my phone.

"HELLO?!?!!" He kept repeating.
"Yeah! Yeah I'm here. Sorry." I locked eyes with Eva and looked down. If anything were to happen I'd just take things slow. I don't want a relationship right now.

"Actually I'm on my way to school. Can I text you?" I looked at the clock on the Dashboard, 9:10 and we're a block away. I might make it in time.

"But you're voice sounds adorable."

Blush blush BLUSH.

"And Natalia, I know I don't have to call you things...but I call it how I see it. And you're gorgeous, you really are."

Why me? Why do I have to be put in this position?

"I'll text you Mr. Cocky." I smiled.

"You do remember my name is Chaz, right?" He sounded amused.

"Yeah."
I hung up.

"WHO IS IT." Eva yelled "WHO IS IT, is what I was mouthing. How do you not get that???" She sounded annoyed.

"It looked like Horse Knit, I didn't understand okay???" I got out of the car. "How did you know it was TacoLover?" I asked.

"Because you blushed and tried to friendzone him. You always do that when you think someone's cute. And you haven't been dating anyone."

We walked to class without a word.

-----------------------------------------

"Pizza sound good?" Joseph said from the other line.
I had just got out of work, and was heading home.

"Oh gosh yes! And a two salads." I said with excitement.

We didn't get to eat junk food while my mom was there, and Joseph said she made it to the airport okay. Now I have to wait for her to call me when she lands.

"Salad. You're such a girl." He said with a tone.

"Whatever, just order it."
I clicked and focused back on the road.

I looked around my surroundings while at a red light and saw a poster for a gym coming soon.

"Maybe it's time I start working out...maybe I'll be more attractive-" I thought outloud.
"guys these days like skinny or 'thick' girls. Not bbw. (Big Beautiful Women) Not plus size. Maybe I should start changing myself.."

-BUDDY THE ELF WHATS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
BUDDY THE ELF WHATS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
BUDDY THE ELF WHATS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR-

My phone rang. Hmm...maybe I SHOULD change the ringtone.

I answered without looking, and put it on my car surround.

"Hello ?" I said without hesitation.

"Gorgeous! What you up to beautiful lady?" His voice gave me chills.

"Hi Mr. Còcky." I said shyly , I was just thinking about losing weight. I'm not feeling so confident.

"Chaz. Won't you call me by my name once?" He said softly.

"But all my friends have nicknames." I said turning the to the next street.

"But I'm not just any friend..Ehh I'll make you say my name one way or another." I could practically see the smug look on his face.

"Yeah okay!-' I said sarcastically "and yes you are. You're a new stranger friend. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just a simple friend." I said annoyed.

"Okay. We'll have it your way. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying." He said with confidence.

"Try all you want. But this is not happening. I'll call you later. I just got home." I replied .

"Promise me you'll call."

"Seriously? " I rolled my eyes.

"Look Natalia , if you want to be friends. I'm fine with that. But I find you very attractive and interesting. I really would like to see you, and take you out sometime. At least meet me in the middle." He said sweetly.

"Fine. I'll met you in the middle. We can talk & get to know each other before we see each other. Sound good?" I wasn't looking forward to this. I needed to keep my guard up and not get attached.

"Sounds good. So do you promise you'll call me later?"

"Yes, StonedTaco I promise." I smiled.

"tacolover420!" He yelled before I hung up.

I smiled as pulled into my driveway, and texted Joe to open the door.

"Hey Pretty Lady.-" He greeted me "Why are you smiling and your face all red and cheeky and stuff?" He rushed the words out.

"Joe! Stop!" I laughed.

"It's a guy?! It's a girl ?! It's a....person, right ?" He said confused.

"Joseph Anthony!" I yelled and he moved a few steps back.

"It's nobody. Nobody yet." I walked to my bedroom.

"Good!! Because only I can have your love!" He said dramatically, falling on the floor.

"Shut up!" I laughed a grabbed my phone.

-new photo message from,
Unknown name: Los Angeles, California-
-swipe-

"Oh my god." My eyes bugged out.