twelve.

third person's pov

"soojin-ah, if ever we get killed, take over the kingdom and hide from the hyenas."

"we're a lot stronger than them but when it comes to tactics, they're better than us."

"get yourself ready to rule over our neverland kingdom secretly. protect minnie at all costs. you're all we got soojin."

"i promise. i won't let you down eomma, appa."

"sooa-yah!" shuhua tried to wake sooa up but failed. she saw tears from sooa's eyes again making her curious on what the latter was dreaming about. why would she cry in her sleep? it must be scary, shuhua thought.

just when shuhua was about to give up, sooa suddenly sat up and wiped her tears away. shuhua who was, inches away from sooa awhile ago, her lips met sooa's, making both of them pull away immediately.

"w-what were you doing?" sooa asked the blushing girl infront of her. shuhua was very flustered and forgot how words are formed. she just stared at sooa, remembering how their lips crashed onto another. she closed her eyes, trying to forget what just happened but she failed. sooa was taking up most of her thoughts. all she wanted to do was to wake up the girl but why did things happened like this?

"i-i was just waking you up. y-yeah! you're getting discharged today." shuhua stammered in her words as she tried to change the topic and continued to close her eyes, not thinking what sooa would say. not expecting something, shuhua felt something on her lips, opening her eyes, she saw sooa near her again with her hands cupping shuhua's face and her lips on shuhua's. sooa pulled away just when their kiss was getting hotter. shuhua stared at the latter, wondering why that happened.

"i'm getting discharged today? that's great! i'm sick of this hospital room already." sooa said and stood up, knowing that her iv drops were detached from her already. she went to the bathroom to fix herself, leaving shuhua flustered and blushing.

'why did she do that like it was nothing?' shuhua asked herself as she tried to calm down but her heart was betraying her. it was beating so fast, she didn't know what to do.

sooa went out of the bathroom, smiling like a weirdo. shuhua saw her but looked away. sooa decided to grab some clothes from her luggage that miyeon brought for her. she changed in the bathroom again and shuhua was still there, frozen at her spot. when sooa finished, she packed her things. she walked towards shuhua and grabbed her hand.

"come on, let's go." sooa said in which shuhua nodded to. they walked towards the cashier to pay for the expenses sooa had for the week in the hospital and her surgery expenses. sooa payed for it while shuhua was dragging sooa's luggage with her. she waited for sooa to finish and held her hand when she was done.

"my car is parked in the basement. do you want to go with me or wait in the lobby?" shuhua asked as she let go of sooa's hand.

"i'll go with you." sooa responded and grabbed shuhua's hand again, intertwining them in the process. she smiled and they started to walk. they walked in the elevator hand in hand like they were a couple. sooa smiled when she take a peek on their hands, it's intertwined and perfect for each other. they found shuhua's car right away, shuhua opened the door for sooa and placing her luggage on the backseat, she went in the driver's seat and started driving. the ride was silent, only the music from the radio was heard. they arrived at shuhua's place right away, the ride was just 10 minutes away from the hospital. shuhua helped sooa get off the car and grabbed her luggage, they walked inside hand in hand again.

"your place looks great shu." sooa commented when she saw the interior, it was like a mansion.

"i thought you only lived in an apartment. you didn't tell you lived in a house huge like this." sooa added making shuhua giggle.

"sorry, i might scare you away if i told you right away." shuhua said making sooa giggle as well. the both of them settled on the couch that felt so nice, sooa thought that this can be her bed instead of a real bed.

"this feels nice." sooa commented at how the couch feels nice, she moved closer to shuhua and settled her head on the latter's lap. shuhua started to brush her fingers through sooa's hair and smiled at how beautiful sooa is. she suddenly thought of something to ask to sooa and didn't even hesitate to ask.

"can i ask you something?" shuhua asked first before asking the main question. sooa looked up to her and nodded, anticipating on shuhua's question.

"are the scars on your back real?" sooa's smile disappeared as soon as she heard the question, what will she answer?

"it's hard to explain..." sooa mumbled softly but shuhua still heard it. she sighed deeply and decided to change the topic.

"do you want to go to my favorite place now?" shuhua asked and helped sooa sit up. sooa smiled and nodded, grabbing shuhua's hand in the process.

"let's go." shuhua said and dragged sooa towards her car again, opening the door for the latter. they drove to a place that was very familiar for the both of them. sooa smiled, this is her favorite place? she thought.

"you look like you love this place as well." shuhua suddenly said and made sooa get out of her trance.

"i go here often with my parents." sooa confidently said which was obviously a lie and smiled, she got out of the car with shuhua's help yet again. they walked hand in hand towards the place. it was the forest, the neverland forest, sooa's kingdom.

"this is where we first met but this is actually the place where i last went with my parents. they died in a car accident on the way back home leaving me lonely and hurt for years, until now. ever since that day, i go here every month to give thanks to them, for giving me a succesful life and when life sucks, i run here to get the comfort i need from them." shuhua said as she tries to withstand her tears but failed, sooa hugged her and let her cry.

"i don't know why i'm crying right now but thank you for being here." shuhua said and wiped her tears away. sooa just smiled, she's happy that shuhua is open to her. she wishes she can do the same but she can't, everything will hurt shuhua.

———
a/n:

i'm sorry if this update took some time since i update every other day.. another filler chapter i guess? i'll update more soon and explain more soon.

question of the day:
do you think sooa's dreams makes sense?