fourteen.

sooa's pov

"when you take over our kingdom, bring all of our lions to the hidden castle i showed you last time."

"after that, declare the law of having aliases. every lion should have one, if they don't, behead them."

"next up is transforming into a human when going out of the castle. we can't afford another war with hyenas."

"lastly, let them have their own apartments outside the castle. let them live like humans but still serve you. do your part as a queen."

"avoid having contact with hyenas as much as possible. don't let them know this secret of ours, okay soojin?"

"i understand eomma, appa. what about minnie?"

"she'll remain as a princess but take care of her the most. she's still a baby in our eyes, right? she still needs to grow up with your learnings. teach her to do well so that when you'll pass her the throne, she'll be great."

"remember all of this soojin. we can't lose to those hyenas. we need to be better than them. be better than us soojin, we're counting on you."

"let go of me!" i shouted out when i woke up because of the sounds i heard. someone was tying me up. i opened my eyes, only to see someone familiar. it's the hyenas' king.

"no can do, sooa. or should i say, soojin?" that bastard said my real name. fuck, how did he know? i stared at him furiously.

"curious on how i know?" he asked as he was tying up my hands on the back of the chair. i'm should be stronger than him, why isn't my powers working?! i tried to call my two lioness but it isn't working.

"i knew it all along. i just waited for the right timing."

"and oh, you can't call for help. you can't use your powers here. you're stuck here with us." he said and walked away. my hands were tied up strongly, i can't remove it without my powers. he taped my mouth, i can't speak aish.. a man which i assumed was a hyena walked up to me while holding a whip, he smirked at me before hitting me with it. i winced in pain quietly, i can't let them know i'm hurt, i can't let them win. he hit me so many times, i can't even count how many it was, it was painful but i needed to hide my pain.

"still not in pain?" he asked before hitting me again. i closed my eyes, this shit hurts. he continued on until he suddenly stopped, i looked up to him, i saw him grabbing a crown full of thorns. what is this? am i jesus or something? he slipped it on my head and i can't take it anymore, i screamed my lungs out. he laughed, he thinks he was successful. i'm not dead yet you monster.

"don't kill her yet, hui. we need still need her to say where her kingdom is." a man from behind said. i can't see him, why the fuck is this room so dark? only the lights her are the ones on top of me and it's so dim. if only i was a lion, i could take all of them down in an instant.

"i will follow your order, my king eunkwang." the guy named hui said and bowed at him. he walked away and i was left alone. the throbbing pain on my head hurts so bad, why do i need to go through this? my gunshot wounds haven't healed yet, well, that was a part of my plan but.. how did things get to this? why are we, the lions even at war with the hyenas?

"how are you feeling, the lion's queen? no one is coming to save you. you're ours now." he removed the tape on my mouth and i breathed in right away. it was hard breathing through my nose with all the pain i felt. he held my hair and pulled it to make me look up to him.

"your kingdom won't last a day anymore, soojin. this is your downfall."

third person's pov

"y-yuqi-ah.." shuhua's voice started to tremble. she was scared. yuqi just arrived since she got a phone call from shuhua. she drove to the forest as quickly as possible, only to see her best friend shuddering in fear.

"shuhua, what happened? why are you so scared? i thought you were with sooa?"

"s-she's..."

"she's what?! tell me shuhua!" yuqi started to fume in anger. she was scared as well, she was scared to what will happen if soyeon will know this. they just got together yesterday, this won't be good news to soyeon.

"so yuqi-yah, have you thought about it yet?"

"let's date."

"what?"

"i said let's date. i want to know more about you."

"and i'm starting to like you."

"w-we were just hunting and then.. hyenas started to go near us.." yuqi's frown worsened. she knew about shuhua's past with hyenas. it's a good thing shuhua didn't faint at the sight of the hyenas but where the hell is sooa? yuqi thought.

"lions attacked them, it was our opportunity to run away but i tripped on a rock.. she carried me and started to run again. i started to cry because i was scared, scared that we might die.." yuqi's worrying about soyeon worsened, she was worried about her mostly but she was also worried about sooa. so she was here.. yuqi thought.

"and then, she was suddenly taken away from my hold. after that, i didn't see her again.. that's why i called you.." yuqi cupped shuhua's face and wiped her tears away. she noticed the large wounds on shuhua's knees, she decided to carry the girl towards her car.

"let's get going first, you need to get treated first." yuqi said and drove away. shuhua suddenly remembered about her shotgun and car, she told yuqi about it and the latter smiled lightly.

"don't worry about those things shu, you need to worry about yourself. doesn't your wounds hurt at all?" shuhua shook her head and that made yuqi gasp.

"i'm worried about sooa, what will happen to her? should we call the police for help?"

"we can't, the police shouldn't know about this." yuqi said which made shuhua look at her confusedly.

"let's talk about that in another time. we need to focus on your wounds shu. i'll take you to the nearest hospital."

"my wounds doesn't even hurt woogie, let's go home."

"no. your wounds look awful. let's get it treated. you might even hurt on other parts of your body, you just don't feel it."

"how can i feel right now? the person i just saved got kidnapped because of me. who wouldn't be this worried? i already grew fond of her."

"i know you're sweet and all shu. just listen to me, just this once okay?"

"fine."

——
a/n:

sooa's identity is finally revealed! you guessed it right, it really is soojin sksksks (although it was obvious) anyways, i don't write angst that much but it just fits the story well.. i hope you like it 👉👈