twenty-four.

third person's pov

blood. there was blood everywhere. the hyenas and lions had an ongoing war. it was almost finished. miyeon and soyeon barely survived in the first half of that war. hyenas got a lot better in fighting, it felt like they prepared for it a long time ago. yuqi and shuhua ran away but they didn't know where they ran away to, until they heard screams in the room infront of them. they recognized the voices, it was like feminine and there were two.

"isn't that sooa and minjee's voices?" yuqi asked shuhua who only nod and pulled yuqi closer to the room to hear what they're talking about.

"then what?! tell me minnie! what did i do wrong? where did i lack? where?! tell me!"

"i'm sorry, i can't tell you now.."

"i'll tell you soon. i'm so sorry."

that's what they heard. they heard the door slammed shut and sooa threw something that broke. that was when shuhua wanted to go to her and hug her tight. she can hear the muffles of the girl, the girl she loves. she wanted to be by her side and tell her that she missed her, that she loves her but yuqi stopped her. it's to avoid hyenas seeing them. the room was far from the kingdom they just saw a while ago where they left the lions.

"shu, we can't go in. we don't have back up, hyenas are stronger than us.."

"get off of me yuqi! i want to see her now!" shuhua tried to let go of yuqi's hands on hers but failed because of how strong yuqi's grip was.

"shuhua! we can't! it's dangerous here, we need to go now!"

"but how about sooa?"

"she's going to be safe! c'mon! let's go!" yuqi tried to pull shuhua away from the room but it was no use, shuhua kicked her hard so that yuqi's hold will be broken. shuhua ran to the door and opened it, only to see sooa in a mess. her eyes had tears, her hair was ruffled, her body was thin, her clothes were ripped. their eyes met and that's how shuhua started to cry and ran to sooa's embrace.

"finally, after months of looking for you. i can finally hug you." shuhua's mumbled words were enough for sooa to break down again. she finally saw shuhua again, after months of being away from her. yuqi stood at the door, watching as the two reunite with tears. yuqi smiled and said to herself,

"you really like sooa, you really do." she decided to stand there and just watch them. she feels safe now, sooa is here. hyenas are in their kingdom, she hopes no one will come for them.

it took a while for the two to break the hug but when they did, shuhua placed a kiss on sooa's lips and smiled. sooa smiled as well and kissed shuhua on her forehead.

"i missed you, i'm glad you're fine." shuhua started off and her smile didn't leave her. she was so happy that she found sooa and that she's in her embrace. sooa hugged her from behind and that's all she can ask for.

"i missed you too, shu." sooa replied as she places her head on shuhua's shoulder to snuggle closer to her. shuhua leaned into her touch and almost burst into tears again, she missed sooa's hug.

"how was everything without me? were you happy?"

"no, i missed you so much. i never want to lose you again." shuhua replied and removed sooa's arms that was wrapped on her. she held sooa's face since she wanted to kiss her but she was hesitating, that's why sooa initiated to close the gap between them. yuqi just looked away and giggled, proud of her best friend having her first kiss with the lion queen.

shuhua pulled away first as she stared into sooa's eyes. sooa was smiling, even her eyes were smiling. despite everything that happened, their love for each other blossomed to a more loving feeling. it was like comfort. shuhua smiled as well, before saying,