4

"finally done!" i exclaimed, stretching my arms as i stood up. i completed producing my track in 3 hours.

i turned around and noticed that hyunjin has fallen asleep on the couch. i crouched down near his face, noticing each of his beautiful facial features. not realising i have been staring at his face for a while, hyunjin soon shifted his position in his sleep, then slowly opening his eyes. upon noticing it, i quickly stood up, acting as if i just finished producing when i finished it 20 minutes ago.

"are you done?" he said groggily.

i nodded, "do you want to listen to it?"

after listening, a smile crept up on hyunjin's face.

"it's really nice! you twins sure have a talent for music," he complimented, making me blush.

the next day
______________

"jiwoo! i heard you went for the producing class with hyunjin!" bora exclaimed as she entered the classroom from the front door.

since i sat at the back of the classroom, basically everyone in the class had heard what she said.

i was about to answer bora when song gaeun, also known as the school's "princess" since she was the richest student in the school and also one of the prettiest, scoffed, "her? and hwang hyunjin? that cold boy wouldn't even give her a look! that's obviously just a rumour."

upon hearing what gaeun said, everyone started to mumble.

gaeun used to be extremely humble and kind to everyone. but after the previous school break, she changed completely when she came back to school. she became snobby and rude, even to her group of "friends". however, i did not understand why she had that impression of hyunjin. cold? that's like the opposite of hyunjin...

just then, yujin, who was sitting beside me, whispered, "before you transferred, gaeun publicly asked hyunjin to date her. it wasn't even a confession, all she said was 'let's date, hwang hyunjin' with that haughty expression on her face." yujin tried to imitate how gaeun looked like, "but you know hyunjin, he just stared at her and walked away. she was so angry but she still didn't give him up."

i looked at yujin, confused, " why didn't she give him up?"

"isn't it obvious? she wants to be a couple with one of the most popular guys in our school. stray kids is really well known in our neighbourhood," yujin replied.

"sorry jiwoo, i didn't mean to blurt it out," bora apologised, her lips pouting as she sat in front of me.

i smiled back at her, "it's fine, no worries."

just then, hyunjin walked in through the back door and stopped at my desk.

"here," he gave me a packet of bread and a small carton of banana milk.

"what?"

"jisung said you woke up late and didn't have time to eat, so he told me to pass this to you," he answered.

"ah, thanks!" i took the bread and milk from him.

hyunjin then walked back to his seat by the window at the back. 

i looked up and realised that every one of our classmates was staring at my interaction with hyunjin. the class was silent.

i turned to bora and yujin, they too looked at me, mouth slightly opened. i was about to explain to them when the bell rang. as mr kim walked in right after, i lost my chance.

throughout the lesson, i kept glancing to my right, to where hyunjin was. he was paying attention, surprisingly. doesn't most of the main leads in the story daydream? oh, because it's me.

i felt a tap on my shoulder.

"jiwoo! aren't you coming for lunch?" yujin asked.

time just flew when staring at the hwang hyunjin.

"yeah i'm coming."

i quickly packed my blank notebook and and study materials when hyunjin came up to me and whispered in my ear, "you could have taken a picture, it would have lasted longer."

he smiled like a fool and tapped my shoulder before walking out of class.

uh cliché much?
and i thought they would smirk instead of smiling like an idiot.

"han jiwoo! over here!" i heard bora shout in the distance. i walked over to where they were sitting, realising that besides the two of them, there were an addition of five girls at the table.

"they wanted to eat with us and we didn't know if we should reject. besides, they were asking for you." bora uttered as i sat down beside her.

before i could even open my mouth to eat, i was bombarded with questions.

"jiwoo, you're not dating hyunjin right?"
"what type of girls does hyunjin like?"
"do you think i'm hyunjin's style?"
"can i get hyunjin's number?"
"can you ask hyunjin to follow me on social media?"
"does he like messi?"
"how do i ask hyunjin on a da- "

"would you guys stop it?" a hand slammed onto the table.

i turned to my right, eyes slightly widened at yujin's small outrage.

"jiwoo isn't hyunjin. she doesn't know the answers to your questions. would you let us eat in peace?" yujin raised her voice slightly.

"jiwoo didn't even complain, who are you to step in?"
one of them shot back.

"yujin's right guys, it hasn't even been a week since i've met hyunjin. i don't know him that well," i explained, trying to ease the tension in the air, "let's just eat, alright?"

one of the girls stood up and rolled her eyes, another glared at yujin who was busy eating, they then proceeded to walk away.

after lunch, i was heading towards to the library to return a book and i realised that everyone was staring at me. i was going to brush it off when i heard a girl whispered, "it's her isn't it? the one clinging next to hyunjin."

and the girl next to her nodded, her eyes scanning me from top to bottom, "she looks like she doesn't have any shame. she's even close to jisung."

hearing her hurtful words, i couldn't help but clench my fists.

"if you don't know me personally, please don't say such things." i walked up to them and forced a slight smile.

"so what are you going to do about it?" one of them raised her voice.

"you're just one of those girls spreading a groundless rumour, you should know it's not your place to raise your voice." i snapped back.

"why you- " she raised her arm, hand ready to slap me when a familiar voice called my name.

"han jiwoo!"