5

"han jiwoo!"

i turned and saw hyunjin staring at us, the rest of stray kids standing behind him.

"what? what's happening?" jisung emerged from the group and met my eyes, "jiwoo? what are you doing here?"

that girl put her hand down and scoffed, "my words weren't wrong, were they? look, there's two guys looking after you."

"what's that suppose to mean?" jisung questioned as the group walked towards us, " jiwoo's my sister, am i not suppose to look after her?"

i could tell he was annoyed judging by his tone when he spoke.

by his question, the two girls seemed shocked, "sorry," they uttered a small apology before running off.

i sighed, "thanks, but i could have handled the situation by myself."

"you almost got slapped by her," hyunjin spoke.

i looked up at hyunjin and was about to speak when my brother interrupted, "actually she could have defended herself, she's a second dan black belt in taekwondo."

"ah," hyunjin pursed his lips in realisation.

cute.

"anyways, i'll be off, if not i'll be late for class." i said.

"let's go together," hyunjin said.

i nodded, "sure."

~🌸~

as the two headed off, the remaining 6 boys stared at them, other than jisung who was about to walk to his class.

"they look good together," changbin uttered.

"i agree, have you see how they look at each other?" chan spoke.

jisung stopped in his tracks, "ey, they're not like that at all! y'all are imagining things."

and he walked off.

jeongin shook his head, " when will that hyung ever realise."

seungmin sighed, "that head of his only works well when it's thinking about music."

~🦔~

"i'm so nervous, aren't you nervous?" i rambled on to hyunjin.

it was the second day of the producing class and we were suppose to showcase the tracks that we made. the instructors were inviting students up to let everyone listen to what they have produced.

"calm down, your track is great. you don't need to worry," hyunjin reassured me.

i gave him a slight smile and took in a deep breath as an instructor called out my name, "han jiwoo? would you come up to share your track?"

i stood nervously as i observed the expressions on the instructors' faces. they turned around to look at me and the rest of the students, before turning to me again. on their straight faces formed a smile, and gave me a nod of approval.

i couldn't help but feel my cheekbones rise, as i gave a sigh of relief.

the instructors began complimenting me and explaining why the track was great to the other students.

i was half shocked, half exhilarated. i looked over to hyunjin and he gave me a thumbs up, showing me his eye smile at the same time.

at that moment, everything seemed blurred out other than hyunjin. i stared at him, my heart pounding as i felt myself blush slightly.

"great job jiwoo!" mr choi praised.

till the end of the day, i couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.

"are you okay? you've been smiling nonstop," hyunjin asked.

we were on bus on the way home. surprisingly, hyunjin's house was in the same direction as mine.

"i'm just really happy. i really liked producing, and the result turned out great too!" i replied, giving hyunjin a glance before looking out of the window.

i heard hyunjin chuckle and then felt something rest on my shoulder. i turned to my right and saw his head on my shoulder.

"hyunj-"

"lend me your shoulder, i'm sleepy," hyunjin mumbled while his eyes were closed.

we had a few stops left so i'll just let him sleep for a while. but why is my heart beating so fast?

i looked at hyunjin sleeping soundly and admired him silently throughout the bus ride. 

"the next stop is..."

his eyes fluttered open, making eye contact with mine. i felt my face flush and quickly looked out of the window, trying not to be suspicious.

"what are you doing? it's our stop," hyunjin uttered.

"what? oh, right," i said, feeling slightly embarrassed as i stood up and followed him out of the bus.

"jiwoo!" i turned around and saw my annoying brother waving to me.

"oh hyunjin you're here too," jisung only took note of hyunjin's presence when he approached us at the bus stop, "well we'll be going off now, bye!"

he waved to hyunjin before dragging me along with him, not giving me a chance to say goodbye to hyunjin. i hurriedly turned around to wave goodbye to hyunjin and he waved back, giving me his iconic eye smile. upon seeing his smile, my heart rate started to increase as i felt a grin creep up my face as well.

"how was the producing class?" jisung asked.

"it went really well! mr choi said that the instructors really liked my track," i replied.

"of course you have to do well, you have to be as good as me," jisung said with his head up high.

i was speechless at his confidence and lightly slapped his head before running into our house.
all i could hear was him shouting, "han jiwoo! i'm going to tell mum!"

i laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling, not wanting to do anything when i heard my phone vibrate.

unknown

hello jiwoo, it's mr
choi here. the
instructors and i
have decided to submit
your track to an
entertainment company.
you might have heard of it,
it's called JYP Entertainment.
if they like your track, they might
contact you via email. please
keep this a secret as it is what
the company as requested. you are
only allowed to tell your guardian.
congratulations jiwoo!

i stared at the message for the longest time possible. JYP?