Chapter 4

I woke up very hungry and thirsty. My leg was still in pain, and the fire was out. The sky was cloudy. I got up and limped over to the plane again, to see if I missed anything from last night. I found something. It was a big suitcase that one of the passengers had. I felt like I found gold. I quickly opened it hoping to find some water and food. I did find gold. Not actual gold. But some food. I had found: Three Protein Bars, canned beans, and canned corn. I got out of the plane and limped back to the cave. I laid my food out, and then went back out to find some water. Behind the plane was downhill. I limped carefully down the hill and looked for a small pond or lake. As far as I could see, the plane crashed on a mountain. A mountain that was a bit big, but not too big. I walked around a bit more, but not too much because I wanted my leg to rest. I went about 30 feet behind the mountain and found a very small and frozen body of water. I had my metal shard with me and I tried to break the ice. It took a couple of hits but I managed to break some ice. I quickly cupped my hands and dipped them into the lake. The lake was freezing cold. I brang my hand back up quickly and swallowed the water. It was cold but very refreshing. I repeated the process over and over until my stomach was going to explode. The next thing I needed to do: eat some food. I went back up to my cave and started a fire. Well, I tried. I got two sticks and rubbed them together like they always say. That did not work. Last time I got fire with the help of the plane. But now I don't think that was going to work. I did not mind eating cold corn though. Another problem. How do I open the can? I know! I grabbed the metal shard and started poking at the top of the can, where it opens. Now I got a small opening. I made it bigger after a couple of minutes. It was tempting to just empty all of it into my mouth, but instead, I ate just a bit of it. I opened one of the protein bars and took a bite of that. Yes, I was still hungry but I could not just eat everything.  Now I had another idea. I opened the canned beans and poured the corn into it. I got my metal shard and mixed them up. Then I went back to the lake. With the empty can, I dipped it in and filled it up. Now for a bit, I would not need to go back to the lake. Now I had no clue what to do. I thought for a bit, and then decided to take a nap, that would rest my leg, and time would go by faster. 

As I tried to go to sleep, I wondered how I would get to Elizabeth and Ava. That was my last thought before I went to sleep...