Introduction

Paintbrush

I keep my paint brush with me

Wherever I may go,

In case I need to cover up

So the real me doesn't show.

I'm so afraid to show you me,

Afraid of what you'll do - that

You might laugh or say mean things.

I'm afraid I might lose you.

I'd like to remove all my paint coats

To show you the real, true me,

But I want you to try and understand,

I need you to accept what you see.

So if you'll be patient and close your eyes,

I'll strip off all my coats real slow.

Please understand how much it hurts

To let the real me show.

Now my coats are all stripped off.

I feel naked, bare and cold,

And if you still love Me with all that you see,

You are my friend, pure as gold.

I need to save my paint brush, though,

And hold it in my hand,

I want to keep it handy

In case somebody doesn't understand.

So please protect me, my dear friend

And thanks for loving me true,

But please let me keep my paint brush with me

Until I love me, too.

Emmaline LaRusse lives the high life, full of fashion and money. She has great friends, loving parents, and a promising future. But she feels empty, fake, and depressed. And no one notices. Just how she wants it.

Harry Styles is going through a rough time. Even though he has thousands, millions of girls at his feet, and all the money and fame he could ever want, yet he still feels like he is missing something. He's stopped caring, and just wants to go home and hole himself up in his room and never come out.

Then, One Direction and Emmaline LaRusse meet and a party. Ever since meeting Emmaline, the other 4/5 of One Direction have noticed a change in Harry; he puts himself more into his singing, he smiles more often, and seems happier. Emmaline's two best friends, Scarlett and Robyn, begin to notice the same about Emmaline, and the coats of paint hiding Emmaline and Harry from what they truly feel are fading away. It all seems like everything might be okay.

That is, until the coats of paint begin build up again. Nothing good ever lasts.

~*~

DISCLAIMER: Poem not mine, my guidance counselor read it to my seminar class and it gave me this story idea. sadly, i forget who wrote it, but it is easily found online and my guidance counselor read it from "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul"

just wanna clear that up :) i know the description doesn't EXACTLY match with the poem, but it'll all make more sense when you read the actual story.

hope y'all stick around when it comes out, i just wanted to see how much potential interest might be out there etc.

i have a little of it written, i just won't post it until i've got more of 'For the Love of Coffee' finished because i don't have time to write two stories and publish them both simultaneously.

Vote/Comment/Fan !!

never be afraid to message me, i don't bite :) i just may not answer right away because i'm a busy busy gal

xx