One-Shot #9- Do You Wanna Meddle With Your Moirail?

Aradia raced down the hallway to Sollux's bedroom. It was snowing outside, and she wanted to go out with him. She knocked on the door in their secret knock that they had agreed on when they were kids; it was always a good way to know that it was them, especially ever since Sollux had gone blind.

"Sollux," she called. "It's snowing! Do you wanna meddle with your moirail? We can go outside and play. You never talk to me anymore; you're stuck behind the door, coding every day! We used to sit in the horn pile, just talking away, but now we don't and I don't know why. Come out and meddle with your moirail?" She leaned in closer to the door and whispered into the keyhole, "We can go out and build a snowman."

"Go away AA, I'm coding," Sollux said from inside his room.

"Okay, bye..." She sighed and walked back to her room. Maybe she could go out by herself.

The next week, it had snowed again. It wasn't much, but it was enough to stick. Enough to build a snowman. Aradia knocked on Sollux's door again. Maybe she could get him to come out this time.

"Sollux!" She called. "Do you wanna meddle with your moirail? It's been snowing all day long. I think you need someone to talk to, and you know it's true. Just coding is so wrong! Don't you get a little lonely, staring at the screen, just typing as the hours pass by?" She paused and listened to the computer keys clacking though the door. Was he even listening?

"Do you wanna meddle with your moirail?" She asked. No response. She sighed and headed back up to her room. She didn't want to play by herself anymore.

That weekend, there was a giant blizzard, and school was closed on Monday. Aradia stood outside of Sollux's door and tapped on it softly. "Sollux?" She called.

"Please, I know you're in there. I just want to see you again. Mom tells me to play alone, but it's just not fun. If you'd just let me in, I'd show you how to have fun, just like we did. It hasn't changed since before..." Her voice trailed off. She'd rather not bring up a sore subject like how Sollux had gone blind.

"Please, come meddle with your moirail," she said, leaning her head against the door.

Suddenly, she heard a voice behind her say, "Okay." Aradia whipped around to see Sollux was standing right behind her the whole time. She stood there, speechless.

"Tho you wanna build a thnowman, or what?" Sollux said. Aradia beamed and nodded. Sollux grinned at her, probably for the first time since he had gone blind, and the two of them went outside to play in the snow.