Chapter 7

(Y/N) POV
I tried to avoid Mephisto for a week after that happened. I just need some space to figure out what had happened. I didn't know if I had a crush on him or if it was just my hormones. I finished my school day and headed back to my dorm. It's so beautiful at this time of year, I thought as I walked through the campus greenery. Usually, Mephisto and I would have a picnic in his room away from prying eyes, but I just wasn't ready to face him yet. I made it back to my dorm and slumped against the door after I closed it. I looked over at my mother's fans she left for me when I was a kid. I had never broken the seal on them. I wanted to keep them in pristine condition, like my mom did. She was an amazing dancer. She moved like water and then like fire. I wanted to be a dancer like her but she died while I was young. I don't have many memories of her, only what people have told me and photographs. As soon as I laid eyes on them, I felt as if my head was splitting. This headache was the worst I've ever experienced before. It made me think of these strange dreams I was having. A dark place, surrounded by black flames, an ominous voice chuckling. I paid no heed to the dreams, putting them down to what I was studying at the cram school and stress. The headache was getting stronger and stronger, my vision started to blur around the edges. I felt my consciousness slip away from me and I called out with the last bit of strength I could muster.

"MEPHISTO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke with a start. The pain was still there but more of a dull ache and it seemed to be fading by the minute. I looked around my darkened room with blurred vision trying to figure out how I went from being on the floor to in my bed. "You gave me quite the scare, you know," spoke a voice I quickly recognised as Mephisto, but he sounded different. His voice was raspy, as if he had been crying and he spoke in a curt tone. "You really ought to be careful. Over working yourself is not a good coping mechanism (Y/N)." I looked over to where his voice was coming from and sure enough there was his silhouette. "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm glad you're here," I timidly whispered. "Why?" he snapped. "Why are you glad I'm here? So you can just run out and ignore me again?!" Mephisto began to raise his voice, leaping out of the chair he was previously perched on. He loomed over my small figure on the bed. "Why did you ignore me?" he fell to his knees beside the bed. He began to cry. Sobs raked through his entire being. "Mephisto, I'm sorry," I spoke softly. I placed my hand on his cheek tenderly, forcing him to meet my eyes. I seen it. The sadness, the worry, the guilt, the hurt and confusion all engraved into his face. He looked much older but he was still the most attractive man I had ever seen. "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I just didn't know how to feel. That day, it confused me. So many things happened so suddenly and I needed time to think about things and-and..." The words fell out of my mouth until my voice wavered and cracked from holding back tears. The lump in my throat felt like razors and it took everything in me not to sob. "(Y/N)," Mephisto spoke gently. I lifted my eyes to his only to be met with his lips planted on mine in a bruising kiss. It took me a moment to realise what had happened before I quickly kissed him back and looped my arms around his neck an attempt to bring his body closer to mine. It was powerful, years of pent up emotions flowed through the kiss. It was the perfect kiss. He broke the kiss so I could breathe again but I would have happily suffocated if he hadn't stopped. "I love you (Y/N). I have for years. If that scares you I'm sorry but I couldn't keep it in any longer," rushed Mephisto. He held onto my body, as if I'd disappear if he let go. "I think I love you too. I don't know Mephisto. I do care about you and that kiss was the best kiss of my life but I don't want to rush into a relationship. I'm still too scared after..." I trailed off the sentence, not wanting to relive the terrible years of my life. "I know that, but I'm am willingly to wait for you. I will wait until this world comes to end if you say the words. I want you and only you. If it makes you feel better I won't kiss you again until you ask me. I swear!" He spoke fast, his tone desperate. I knew he would never hurt me, purposefully. I didn't know how to feel. I thought about for a few minutes, debating with myself whether or not I should give a relationship with him a chance. "Okay, listen carefully. You will not treat this as a relationship until I say so. You will not kiss me unless I ask for it. You will not treat me as a possession. Understand?" I spoke sternly. Mephisto nodded energetically. "Okay then, I guess I'll give you a chance." I said happily. Mephisto smiled before lunging at me and holding me hostage in a bone-crushing hug. "OKAY! Geez before you kill me." We laughed for a moment before he looked away. "What's wrong?" I asked curiously. "I was wondering, since it's late and you don't have classes tomorrow, could I, maybe spend the night with you? You know, like we used to as kids." He asked. I thought about it for a moment before agreeing. I definitely need some Mephisto cuddles. I told to leave the room while I changed into my pjs. He obliged and stepped out of the room. I hastily changed into my pjs and left my uniform neatly folded on my chair. I called out to Mephisto, alerting him that it was okay for him to come back in. I could see that he had changed into his pjs which consisted of black sweatpants and a tank top. He crawled in beside and pulled my body into his, my back flush against his chest. "Goodnight, my cherry blossom," he said sweetly. "Goodnight, my plum," I returned. I closed my eyes and fell into the soundest sleep I had in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHHHH HOLY FUCKING SHIT I AM SO SORRY!! I completely forgot about this book. But I'm not gonna promise that I'll be uploading more often cause when I do, I don't. I hope you enjoy this chapter since I made sure it was a hell of a lot longer than my previous ones. I hope you all are safe and healthy. I love you all.

P.S. ALSO THIS BOOK HAS 24K VIEWS! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!! 🥺🥺🥺