Chapter 1

My name is Joe Kirk. I am currently in a relationship with one of the best girls I ever met, Anna. We met in freshman year in high school. I am 18, and Anna is as well. Anna is the sweetest girl you would have ever met. She has light brown eyes, medium-length brown hair, and the best smile. Although she can be rather salty or a pain in the butt, I love her with all my heart. Now I'll tell you a little bit about myself.  I have short dark brown hair that I sometimes spike up, brown eyes, and a talent of singing.
 I play the guitar and piano.

     it's 7:30 p.m. on a Thursday night. My phone rings the annoying chirp call I have set as my ringtone.

    "Hello?" I answer.

     "Hi.' it's Anna. I can't tell if she's mad or just bored. "What are you doing?" She continues.

     "Making music. What about you?" I replied.

     "Sitting with Mater." Mater is her dog. Her little brother was really into the movie Cars and she let him name the dog.

     "That's fun." I answered, running my fingers along the keys of the piano. Sometimes I think Anna gets jealous because I'm friends with other girls, but I'm not sure.

     "I miss you." She tells me quietly.

     "I miss you more." I told her back.

     "That's not possible!" She answer back, giggling.

     "Alright well I'm gonna get back to making my music now.' I told her.

     "Okay. Bye Joseph." She hung up before I could say anything else. She defiently annoyed. Putting down the guitar, I go into the kitchen to get something to eat. Froot Loops sounded really good at the moment, so I poured myself some and sat on the couch. Flipping through the channels, I finally decided on the TV show The Voice. I was a contestant on The Voice, but got voted off of Team Adam in the battle rounds. I still have many amazing fans called kirksters. Even thouguh I'm off the show, they all continue to support me through twitter accounts and Instagram fan accounts. They are truly amazing. After the episode was over, I decided to head to bed because I had finals in the morning.

     My alarm buzzes in the morning. 5:00 A.M. the clock says. Groaning, I get out of bed and check my phone. There were 14 missed text messaged from Anna. Somethings DEFIENTLY up. I thought to myself. In one of her messages she asked me to pick her up before school, and that means I have to leave 15 minutes earlier. After putting my black jeans and favorite blue hoddie on, I head out the door.

     Pulling into Annas driveway, I walk up the steps to her door. After knocking repeadetly, she finally opens the door.

     "Hi." She greets me with a hug instead of a kiss. That's unusual.

     "Hey." i said, hugging her tightly. She jumped into the shotgun of my car. After scanning through the radio, we finally settled on 'thinking out loud" By Ed Sheeran.

     "We need to talk." She told me. This wasn't gonna go well."

     "Okay. What's up?"

     "I...I think we need to break-up. I don't things are going well." She told me, tears coming through her eyes. I didn't respond, because I didn't know how to.

     "Anna I don't understand. Why? I thought everything was going fine."

     "yeah, well I did too until a few days ago." She told me. raising her voice.

     "What did I do?" I asked.

     "It's what you didn't do. You have really been there for me, Joe. I'm sick of it."

     "What do I need to do to keep us together?" I asked, turning into the school parking lot.

     "Nothing. You can't fix it."

     "Anna, I'll change my ways, do anything, to keep you right here by me." My eyes were tearing up. Go ahead, call me a baby for crying, but I love this girl and I'm NOT leaving her. She got out of the car before I could say anything else. I was devastated. Slamming the car door, I walked into school. This wasn't a day I was looking forward to.