Chapter 3 ~ Annas point of view

"I know, I know mom. Okay, I'll feed the dog. And the bird. And the guinea pig. and the cat." Whenever i got on the phone with my mom, I'd never get off. Plus she's been away on vacation in Maine, so I haven't seen her in a while. After hanging up, I look at my screensaver. It's still me and Joe. I haven't changed it yet. My friends keep telling me we should try to make it work, but I'm so confused. I'm stressed. I'm tired. I'm annoyed. After feeding all the pets, I have an emotional breakdown.Sobbing my eyes out, I hear the doorbell ring.

     Dang girl, you gotta make your self look presentable to the person at the door. I think to myself while fixing my hair. I open the door, and there's a big bouquet of flowers with a note that reads "I'm sorry for anything I've done. call me please. Xoxo, Joey" That was my nickname for him. he's never sent me flowers before. That was awfully sweet of him." Putting them in a vase of water, I head back to my room and turn on Netflix. Then I remembered the card. I picked up my phone and went to his contact name. I dialed the number.

     "Helllllooo?" he answers the phone in the silly way he always does.

     "Hi." I said, choking back tears.

     "Hey." he said back. "...So... can we talk? Please??" he pleaded me.

     "What's there to talk about?! I broke up with you. It didn't feel right." I answered, getting annoyed.

     "Anna, please." He said. He sounded hurt.

     "No. Joe. it's done. I can't. Please.... Just leave me alone." I said, bursting into tears and hanging up. I lay in my bed for a few minutes, just sobbing there before I receieve a text. it was from Joe. It read:

     Dear Anna. I don't know what I did. I'm sorry for whatever it was. I feel a huge empty hold inside me. I feel uncomplete without you. Please Anna, I will change my ways. I'll do anything to keep you right here next to me. Please Anna. I'm sorry dear Anna.

     Dear Anna. That's what he's always called me. I was so uspet with him. For many different reasons. We haven't been together as much. He was always busy. His attitude towards me has changed. He has changed. It was not okay.