Chapter 2

"Mr. Kirk. MR. KIRK!!" Mrs. Hamnt yelled my name for the umpteenth time. it was math and i really didn't enjoy it. Plus I was focusing on what Anna said earlier.

     "One-hundred forty nineeeee?" I took a wild guess. Mrs. Hamnt sighed. I honestly hate math with all my heart. Especially when its finals. History is my favorite though. The bell rings, and I quick shove my textbook into my royal blue backpack and head out the door, bumping continuosly into people.

     "Joseph! Jooeeeee wait!" Yelled my best friend Peyton, while she's sprinting down the hall. Peyton has been my best friend all my life. She has long sandy brown hair, and these hazel eyes that are so pretty it's hard to explain. She's quite the character.

     "Woo-wee, let me tell you.  History was a pain in the butt! Mr. Lowen has never quizzed me so hard in all my life! So, are we gonna go sprinting through the supermarket aisles again today?" Whoever knew a girl could be so energetic at 7:55 a.m.? Me and Peyton always do crazy things like sprinting through the supermarket aisles. It's really fun. You should try it sometime.

     "Something's not right with you." she said, poking my side non-stop. I usually squirm when she does it, but today I'm not.

     "Anna broke up with me." I mumbled quietly.

     "Joe....Joe I'm sorry." Was all Peyton could say. "That's really sad. If you need help keeping your relationship with her strong as gorilla-glue, I'm your girl to help." She said, flexing her muscles.

     "Thanks, Peyton. I could use your help." I replied.

     "I thought so." She said, gently patting my cheek. "Now I need to scurry off into science. Goodbye, lil' Joseph."  Her classrooms were so far apart that she had to leave for class 5 minutes earlier to get there.Walking down the hall to my locker, I see Anna at hers. She shoots me a dirty look.

     Maybe I'll send her flowers later. That's something I've never done. I'll try and be different. I thought to myself, while heading into history.