Senior Year and Beyond

It was the first day of school, Naruto was bouncing around excited, and I didn't want to get out of bed. I woke up when he jumped on my bed, shaking me awake if I didn't love him so much, he would have been dead a long time ago.

"Okay, I am awake. Get out!" I groan out.

He ran out and down the stairs.

Nine months ago, my mom, dad, Naruto, and I were going out as a family to celebrate my parents' 20th anniversary when a drunk driver ran a red light, crashing into the front of our vehicle. My mother in the passenger seat died moments after the impact; my father died about a week later from internal damage. Naruto and I came out with minor scratches and bruises.

I was able to see my dad one time before he died. The last thing he said to me was, "I love you, my princess, never live with regrets and never be afraid to show people you care. Please smile when you think of me, don't remember how I look now, remember all the good times we had as a family. Promise me that you will take good care of your brother. We all know he can't manage alone." He chuckled then started coughing up blood. I screamed for someone to help him, but on that day, I watch my father die choking on his blood.

That memory will forever haunt my mind; I have always had to be strong. I never show my weak side to Naruto because I am not sure what he will do. I was a daddy's girl; there was no doubt about that, so I tried to be caring. Still, I just kept getting hurt, whether it was by my best friend Ino who betrayed me, my first boyfriend Sai who cheated on me with said friend, or the death of most of our remaining family members, which lead me to be closed off from most people around me. The only two people I show any care in this world about are my little brother and my best friend since before school grade Kankuro.

I walked out of my room at about 8:15 :

"Naruto, are you ready to go yet?" I yelled from the top of the stairs

"Yeah, I'm in the kitchen finishing my ramen." He replied.

I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs; I walked into the kitchen to see Naruto had already started the coffee. Did I mention I love this idiot? I grabbed my travel cup, filled it, and then grabbed a yogurt for breakfast. I sat down at the island across from him and just bobbed my head to the rhythm of whatever song was playing, and we ate in silence for a few minutes.