Chapter 22 'It's not a dream'

Blake's P.O.V.

Elizabeth ended up falling asleep on the way back home. After walking for a while I could tell she was tired, so I was currently carrying her bridal style. It's a good thing we were in the parts of the woods that I know.

I knew that as soon as I got home I would have a whole bunch of responsibilities to catch up on. Looking down at Elizabeth I couldn't believe that I got lucky enough to have her as my mate.

I didn't care what she was, she was still my mate and I would never leave her. I don't know how I would have been able to live without her in my life. I'm glad that I didn't let her leave my life.

I gently kicked the door open, it was well after midnight and everyone was well asleep, or so I thought. I saw a figure sitting on the couch as I carried Elizabeth up the stairs and laid her in bed.

Going back downstairs, I turned a lamp on and accidentally made the person jump in their seat. It turned out to be Elizabeth's mother.

"Hello Mrs. Lockhart, couldn't sleep?" I questioned. I sat on the couch across from her while she picked up a cup of coffee from the coffee table and took a sip from it.

"Please, call me May," Mrs. Lockhart insisted. I shook my head yes and smiled a little. There was something about May that was throwing me off though.

"Did you guys find anything?" May asked me.

"No, we found a friend of your mothers but we didn't find anything else," I explained to her.

"It's getting closer to the date, you guys were gone for a while. There's one week left until Beth's test," May explained. I looked at her in horror. No, there can't already only be one week left.

"I've got a lot of stuff to catch up on, I'll see you in the morning," I said while getting up from the couch. I walked over to my office to start working on all the papers that were stacked on my desk.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I grew restless and the hours went by. I heard footsteps around three in the morning. They were coming down the steps.

I stretched my hearing out and heard very light footsteps with heavy ones. Walking out of my room I quietly walked towards the stairs.

"Ah, this whole place is full of filthy wolves," I heard a guy say as he jumped on the steps. Looking at the steps I saw a guy holding Emily. Emily was crying while I wanted to tear this weak human apart. Emily's wrists were bound behind her back.

I looked into the guy's eyes. They were a brighter green than any humans should be. His skin was also extremely pale, almost ghost white.

"EMILY!!!" a voice growled throughout the house. I saw Rick at the top of the steps and his claws were out. Rick jumped down the steps as light appeared around the guy and Emily.

They disappeared right before Rick was going to dig his claws into the guys back. His eyes were red and his long teeth were out.

I was already freaking out, but it didn't help when Elizabeth showed up where Emily and the guy had jut disappeared.

"I'm here to tell you that I'm going to be asleep for a while. I'm stuck in another dream and why are Rick's eyes red?" Beth asked. She actually looked scared of Rick. I sighed, we only have a week left and everything is going downhill from here.

"Emily was just kidnapped and Rick is going crazy cause she's gone," I shortly explained while wondering what that guy was. No way he was human with the brightness of his eyes.