Irwin's Prologue.

It was a Saturday afternoon. May 16th at 4:14 PM to be exact. I was just walking to my car, heading home from my hair cut. I felt like someone was watching me the moment I stepped out of the door, but I wanted to be sure, so I turned around to check. That was the last thing I remember before everything went black.

I blinked my eyes open slowly, seeing black figures, much like hooded men. The more I blinked, the more my eyes picked up: wings, crosses, and one crouched, bald man in the middle. This can't be real. What in the fucking Harry Potter is this? I tried to reach my hand up to wipe my eyes, only to feel that I could not move them. I have heard about sleep paralysis before, but I did not imagine it to be like this. I kicked my leg out and it hit some metal. I came to the realization that I was in a cage. Hey. I tried to speak up, but my mouth was taped shut. Oh, great. I've been kidnapped. I kicked the human-sized cage again. This time it caught their attention.

The one creepy, bald man in the middle suddenly turned around to look at me. "Oh!" he exclaimed, "Ashton, boy, you're finally awake!" He walked over to my cage.

How the hell does that thing know my name?

"I have a bone to pick with Anne." Saying my mother's name exaggeratedly, he paced himself back and forth the length of the cage. "You see... I don't really know why I had to take matters into my own hands and inform you that you're supposed to be fulfilling your duties as a guardian angel, but I have no choice."

I felt my eyebrows furrow in confusion. The fuck is he talking about.

"No, no. Do not be confused. You have no time to be confused. You are twenty already and you've been leaving your girl unprotected for two whole years. They should have told you, when you turn 18, it is your duty to look after her. She needs protection. The fallen angels will begin their resurfacing in two months and they will be here all fall and winter, just searching for a body to take over. You need to get on it, boy. Daniela Ibara. 19. Florida State University. Curly, black hair. Brown skin. Brown eyes. 5'3. Get on it, now." He pointed to the cage.

The dark figures rushed toward me, and suddenly I was back in my car. What the fuck? Was that a dream?

Monday Morning

"Okay, but I told him what any single mother would have told him!" "I'm not making this about me. I-" "Okay well I know you guys are going to regret all of this."

"I heard her footsteps coming towards the staircase. Shit, she's coming. I shut and locked the white wooden door, only for it to be knocked on. "What, mom? I'm getting dressed!" I rushed to put on my black skinny jeans.

"I've been told to tell you how to use your wings just in case," she shifted her weight impatiently.

Finally. You tried to convince me it wasn't real. I opened the door, kneeling down to finish rolling the bottom of my right jean leg.

"So, first, just so you know... I want you to be fully aware of who is around you. Never use your wings where people will see you. Only use them in emergencies." My mother stepped into the room. She was only in my apartment because I told her about the incident. First, she tried to convince me that I was having hallucinations, but here she is. She rushed all the way from Atlanta to check on me. Must have been very real and very important.

"Okay, okay that's obvious." I rolled my eyes. "Get on with it please."

"Take your shirt off," she demanded. I cringed. I did what she told me to do. "Now, I'm going to show you what your back looks like, just in case you forgot." She took out her phone and snapped a picture of my back after stepping further into my room. When she showed me, everything suddenly began to make sense. So I am a real angel right now what the hell. I need to see these wings.

"Mom," I looked up at her furiously, "you're telling me that all those times my back had been aching in the place where those scars are... there were supposed to be wings there and you claimed it was from that skiing accident when I was seven."

"That's besides the point," she grinned. "Now, roll your shoulders back and clench your fists as hard as you can. That should do i-" her speech drifted off as a result of the event that she was watching me go through.

"Ugh," I moaned in pain as my back opened up to let the colossal white feathered muscles out. This shit is real. No... fucking way. I tried to ignore the pain for a second to actually take in the fact that this was actually happening right now. Wings had literally just come out of my back. Now I see why she made me take off my shirt, these things are huge. I wrapped them around my body, somehow moving them like they had been there all my life. I need to see them. I walked to my closet, closing it to see myself in my full body mirror.

"So.. What do you think?" My mother, looking in the mirror behind me, decided to interrupt my moment. She was beaming in excitement, so much that she released a small squeal. I'm cool as hell.

"Dad didn't die from a car accident did he?" I suddenly realidad what this meant. Both of my parents are angels.

"No, I'm sorry," she sighed. "However, will tell you when you get back home from class. Then I'll head back to Atlanta."

"Okay, sure," I immediately remembered I had to go to school. "Help me put them back! How do I put them back!"

"Do it again, and they will close and go back in," she continued, "but the problem is, now that you've opened them... The wounds aren't closed anymore. You know what the scars are, so it will be hard to lie about it." She shrugged. "You'll just have to hide your scars from everyone in existence." Does she have wings too?

"Do you have wings too?" I question, noticing that she immediately furrows her brows in frustration.

"I'm not showing you," she suspiciously replied. Why not?

"Okay get out. I'm leaving for class, see you later!" I had to end our moment somehow. It was getting too weird. I put my shirt back on and slid my shoes on. I grabbed my car keys, my shades, and a pop tart and left for school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: No, Ash, it was not a dream :) If you read my other story from a couple years ago, which you did not, you would know what's going on already. Anyways, this story was originally in his point of view,  but it is not anymore because I want it to build more suspicion. I hope you like it.