1

Daniela's P.O.V

I rolled out of bed, a bit more sluggish than usual, and let out my usual groan. It comes out in the same pitch every single morning- not that I had planned it to be that way. It was 6:04 AM. My alarm rang at 6 exactly, however, I think I needed the extra four minutes to sit and stare at the ceiling, regretting my very existence. My morning routine was simple: get up, put on my workout clothes, eat breakfast, and head to the gym. I always come back to my apartment, shower, put on my clothes, do my makeup, do my hair, grab a protein shake, and leave for class. Always in that order. Almost every day; except for Tuesdays and Thursdays when I don't have class until 3pm, and also the weekends when I don't have class at all. Today was the first day of class for this semester, it was fall of 2021 and I was a sophomore this year.

I took off my bonnet and scarf and pulled my curly black hair up into a bun because every night, it gets kind of messed up. I grabbed a black sports bra and black shorts, put them on quickly and searched for my black nike running shoes. Once I found them, I slipped them on, grabbing my phone and water bottle, and headed to the kitchen. Once in the kitchen, I took out three Eggo waffles from the freezer and popped them in the toaster oven. I then reached in the fridge and got out some turkey bacon, because it's better than the pork kind. I placed it on a plate with a paper towel underneath and put it in the microwave for four minutes. Yes, trust me, it's delicious. I grab my water bottle and pour some water in from the filter in the fridge.

"Something smells delicious," I hear Sam approaching from upstairs. She must be referring to the bacon.

"You're up early today," I reply, ignoring her precious comment. "Don't your classes start at 10?"

"Yeah, so?" she rolls her steel blue eyes, "I thought I'd go to the gym with you today since it's the first day of classes and it's a new year to start fresh and healthy."

"Please, you do this every year," I glance at her outfit- a t-shirt, gym shorts, and a pair of beat up
white converse. Gets the job done for sure.

"This year is different, I can feel it," she says a bit louder so I could hear her over the sound of the microwave beeping. "Plus, I need to get my body in shape. I know my dream man is right around the corner."

I roll my eyes, taking out the waffles from the toaster oven and putting them on my plate. "Okay but you can't back down this year, promise?"

"I do," Sam promises, tying her blonde, straight hair into a ponytail. She waltzes over to the pantry and I see her grab a nature valley bar, her usual breakfast. "I'm ready when you are."

"Okay just let me eat and we'll head out," I sit down at the table with my food and begin eating. It's gonna be a long ass year.

6:30 am

"Turn that shit up," Sam recites over the music.

When the lights go out, she's all I ever think about.

"You are one of the weirdest people I have ever met," I scoff at her choice in music, turning it up anyways.

We arrive at our destination shortly afterward, getting out of my blue elantra. Her name's Ella and trust me, she's a stunner.

7:15 am

After a 45 minute long leg workout and a long 5 minute drive home, I am left with 45 minutes to get to class. Great.

I turn on the hot water of the shower and slip off my sweaty gym clothes. I wanted the day to be over already and it hasn't even begun. I pick out some clothes: a black bodycon dress, black sandals, and a black cardigan. I like to keep it simple. Why is everything I wear black? It's just something about Mondays, I swear.