A Look Into The Future

╔═══════════════╗

𝘚𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘌𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘴!

𝘈 𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦.

╚═══════════════╝

She had done it. She didn't know why she did it but she did, she had left New York City and him behind. She never planned on staying there permanently but something changed and she ended up staying. She hated herself for doing so but someone had to be there.

The plan was, that when Meredith came back to Seattle for her residency at Seattle Grace she would go back to New York, go back to him and finish her medical degree but being back in Seattle for a year made it hard for her to leave and so she stayed.

She knew the repercussions of her choice: she knew that leaving without a word of warning in his direction would brake him in a way she didn't want too but the anxiety's of not seeing him for a year turned into fear of how he would react. She knew that only telling one of them where she was the worst idea that she had ever had and that it would hurt the others and finally she knew that being in Seattle wouldn't make her happy.

But there she was standing in King County International Airport, waiting for her sister to arrive. It was hard standing there, she was supposed to have her bags with her, see her sister for five minutes before boarding the plane back to New York but she didn't have her bags nor did she have her passport or her plane ticket it was only her.

Suddenly, there was a head full of blonde hair bounding its way towards her. "Leanna." the excited voice called from ahead of her, she smiled. It had been way too long since she had last seen her older sister and she had missed her way too much.

  The older of the two sisters pulled the younger one into a bone-crushing hug. Meredith had never been one to show much emotion towards anything but Meredith adored her baby sister more than anything in the universe, she was the light of Meredith's Life. Nothing and Nobody was going to change that.

"Welcome Home, Mer." The younger sister said with glee, even though the two sisters were not very good at showing their affection for other people, they were good at showing their affection to each other.  

The two girls pulled away from the hug with bright smiles on their faces but a frown was soon placed on the face of her older sister "Where are your bags Lee?" when nothing came out of the younger Grey's mouth she began to become irritated.

"Lee, where are your bags?" Meredith asked again, ready to not get an answer once again. Leanna was like this quite often, so often that it was normal but that didn't mean that it was welcome.

 This time though, the youngest of the two sisters answered the question "I'm not going back." She whispered so quietly that it went unnoticed by the eldest Grey, So Leanna plucked up the courage "Mer, I'm not going back to New York." 

Her older sister gave her a look, a look that she knew all too well she had seen it countless time before, it was a look of disappointment. Meredith had gotten that look from their mother, their mother had gotten it from her father. It was a look that would kill her as a child and at that moment it was breaking her heart.

The look of disappointment turned into a look of confusion "Why not? New York's your home." Meredith asked. 

Leanna looked sad, regretful even. She didn't know how to answer that question because truthfully, she didn't know the answer to that question. She would say that she was scared, scared to go back and face him but frankly she didn't honestly believe that she was scared, she believed that she was bored and that made the whole situation worse because she didn't know if she was bored of him or bored of being in one place for so long. 

She shook her head in hopes that the tears that she was trying to hold back before she finally came up with a believable lie to tell her "Well someone has to look after you while your hear and someone has to be able to keep an eye on mom while you're at work so..." she trailed off.

Meredith looked as though she didn't believe her but she didn't question it, she knew that when her little sister was ready she would tell her the real reason behind her not returning, so instead she was determined to convince her to go back "Lee. I don't need you to look after me, I'm a grown adult and I can look after mom by myself. You are not responsable for looking after us."

Leanna,even though, she knew that she, herself, was lying but she could tell that what Meredith was saying was a bigger lie, Meredith was never anygood at looking after herself she had always found herself in some sort of trouble one way or another.

"Well thats to bad because I'm here to stay. Now lets get you home, it way to cold in here." she vocalized, making Meredith laugh, Leanna was always cold, she was glad that in the time that she hadn't seen the young woman that, that hadn't changed.

Meredith laugh made Leanna smile, it was nice to see her sister happy because through everthing that they have been through her older sister was her superhero and her happiness always made Leanna happy too.

"Well as glad as I am to know that your here to stay, I really need a drink." Meredith declared, causing Leanna to roll her eyes, Meredith noticed "Don't you roll your eyes at me, young lady." 

Leanna was caused to laugh and stick her toung out before looping her arm through Merediths. "Come on, lets get you that drink." She announced as the two sister made their way to the exit.