chapter 27

I checked the time and saw that morning practice would probably be over by now who cares anyway i walked to school and showed up really late when I walked in my class mates were shocked at the state I was in as well as the fact i had never been late to school I just walked to my seat and put my head down and tried to sleep the teacher didn't seem to mind as they also looked concerned and probably thought that i needed it.

Hinatas P. O. V.

I was sleeping on my desk when I heard the lunch bell go off. I just sat at my desk with my head down, not bothering to move. I would usually go and practice volleyball but I know I'm in no shape to do that it will only make the pain worse and I'll just get in the way and I cant let the team see me like this. I can't have them worrying about me.

I went to the bathrooms as it was coming close to the end of lunch. When I got there, it was empty, so I walked straight to the mirrors and saw my face. I looked horrible. I had bags under my eyes, and my skin was paler than usual, not my normal pale skin it looked sickly, not to mention that my eyes looked dull, not shining at all.

I tried to smile just to see what it would look like if I decided to go to practice after school. "you dont have to force yourself to smile you know" a familiar voice said I turned round and kei was standing at the bathroom door he must have just came in I thought before be continued speaking "if you hold it all in and force yourself to smile it it will just make it worse on yourself" he finished.

"Awk kei the big softie~," I said in a teasing tone

"Oi, shut up shrimpy." This made me smile a bit

"Hey, kei?" I said in a more quiet and serious tone, looking at the ground that seemed to catch his attention

"Yeah?"

"Thank you,"

"I haven't done anything," he said, a bit confused. Before he continued, I cut him off

" Thank you for being here." I finally looked back up at him with a small smile on my face and tears in the corners of my eyes. when kei saw this, his face seemed to soften as he walked over to me while also smiling a bit.

"Don't worry about it. I'll always be here for you, you do know that, right?" He asked while embracing me in a warm hug it had only been a day from the last one but I missed this warmth so much i thought as rested my head into his chest smiling while he had one arm around my back while his other hand was rested on my head ( like below just with 2 boys and the girl is shoyo's height) we stayed like this until we had to go back to class. Everyone noticed my change of mood when lunch was over kei just always makes me feel warm, calm and happy I couldn't stop smiling they all seemed to be happ that I was back to 'normal'.