chapter 3

Chastain park memorial hospital

ambulance bay 

Cain, Irving, Devon and Conrad seen the commotion and they also seen one of there own being held hostage by a deranged man high on drugs and wanting more, Conrad looked at his fiancé  who had a knife held to her throat he seen his fiancé breathing through the anxiety of being held hostage, they watch the man get his gear off nurse Jessica and then they all watched him leave through the ambulance bay doors, all four doctors and the nurses breathe a sigh of relief at the man who just left the building, but the situation wasn't over just yet, they hoped the man would leave Nic at the door and he would go, Conrad walks to the doors he watches the man.

he stood at the door and in slow motion he seen his scared fiancé standing with an arm round her neck and her other arm behind her back, then all he seen was the man and his fiancé step off the curb, and then bam an ambulance came out of know where, it hit Gerry with full force  and it clipped nic's left side, the force of the ambulance dragged the two for a metre until it came to a complete stop.

Conrad was the first to run out the doors, then it was Irving, Devon and Cain and a few nurses followed behind with medical equipment in hand ready to help the two knew patients, who where hit by an ambulance in the grounds of there own hospital.

Cain  rushes out the doors, he looks to the scene he sees Nic and the man Gerry near the exit of the ambulance bay, he looks to the man further away from the nurse practitioner he lay flat on the floor not moving his head was bleeding and his face was covered in blood, he looks to Nic who was trying to sit up from the floor in a daze.

Cain rushes to Nic and so does Conrad, Conrad forces Nic to lay back on the floor since she is injured and needs treating.

Cain: Hawkins let me and doctor Parvesh treat her you take the other patient with doctor Feldman.

Conrad: fine I love you Nic and do what they say( holds Nic face in his hands).

Devon comes to help doctor cain.

Devon: what do you need?

Cain: look I am neuro but until another attending comes she is your patient and keep Hawkins informed on her condition since he is her fiancé and medical proxy.

Devon: okay lets get her c-spine in control put a collar around her neck and can someone hold her head still.

Nic: Devon I am fine I don't need spinal precautions.

Cain: nurse Nevin you have just been hit by an ambulance you may feel fine know but when the adrenaline wears off you will feel the pain, so let us treat and I like my favourite nurses upto full speed so I need you to hurry up and recover well.

Nic: fine( she lays down and lets her friends treat her injuries, and she lets them put a neck brace around her neck).

cain holds Nic's head still, whilst Jessica placed a collar around her friends neck to keep her spine immobilised.

Devon: Nic what hurts the most?

Nic: my right shoulder I think its dislocated, and my left side of my hip.

Devon: what about your ribs?

Nic: the ribs were bruised on the left before the accident, but I got hit in them again so they could be broken.

Cain: any headache, loss of consciousness?

Nic: yeah to both and some nausea too.

Cain: okay lets get a scan of her head, and know lets get her on the back board.