Prologue

A quiet wind gently rustle the leaves of the ash trees as small, clear drops of rainwater dripped into a small puddle below, making it bigger and bigger. Starlight from the dark sky above glistened on the puddle as a yowl sounded from a large rock. Four cats stood on it, tall and proud. A small lake lay in front of the boulder as cats of all sizes, ages and colors gathered around the lake. As the last few cats came, a silvery grey she-cat began,
"The One must be chosen, and if the prophecy is to come at the right time, he or she must be appointed," the cats below her nodded and mumbled agreements. The tabby cat stepped back, letting a stronger, dark brown tom with a large scar across half his face take her place. "I agree, Mossstar. Now, see and approve of my choice as the One," he swished his tail and with a ripple, a dark grey cat appeared, their green eyes brighter in the sparkling stars. A white-and-grey leader grunted, "Wanted it to be your Clan, badger-face?" Badger-face was a nickname he'd called him, and, as the white leader said it was 'in honor of sacrifice', but they all new it was just to annoy him.

Duststar squinted at him warningly. Cloudstar turned back to the cats, silent below. He puffed his chest and announced, "See and approve of my choice," with another of flick of the tail, a muscular, long-haired tom. He smiled, satisfied. The fourth leader stepped forward and nodded, then spoke "I like this choice..." She voice trailed off, gazing into his blue eyes. "I think won't be calm enough. A little too self-confident too," Mossstar tilted her head to one side. Cloudstar shrugged and let the silver leader take his place. "Cats Of Stars, see and approve," she lashed her tail and, once again, a ripple and white face markings appeared. Mossstar nodded, turning to the other leaders who seemed to approve.