Only Human | P R O L O U G E

I'm running. I have been running ever since I was betrayed, betrayed by the one I trusted the most.

My Beta.

I've been attacked by the one I trusted the most my very own beta, I thought he was my friend and that me being Alpha couldn't change things I guess I was wrong. I was running when I came to clearing the was a road up ahead and I was desperate to reach it. So much that I jumped out of the woods into an oncoming truck. I saw the light and then I heard the slamming of the breaks the truck barely missing me by an inch. I was going to continue into the woods on the other side when her scent hits my nose, her scent caught my attention immediately. It was different I knew it and so did my wolf.

Mate.

My mate is in that truck, the same truck I was about to leave behind. I slowly walked towards the truck and that's when she came out of it. Her eyes found me immediately.

" I could have killed you. "

She says studying me. She looked me over and a gasp left her heart-shaped lips.

" You're hurt. "

Watching her care about an injury that she didn't create made me want to shift into human form and comfort her but that could scare her. She slowly walked towards me and I let her. She then pats my head and looks at me. She then takes hold of me she smiles and says

" Come blues eyes let me take you home and get you fixed up. "