Chapter 3: The First Night

A/N: T-this part is really short. Also, I-I'm going to skip a little bit to when I actually wake up, b-but if you want more of the boring part t-then just write a c-comment.

🅼🅸🆁🅸🅾 🅿🅾🆅

"It was the first day of third grade, and everyone kinda had their group, right?" I say, "Well, there was this one really awkward kid who just sat at his desk looking all gloomy, so yeah, I thought he could use a friend.". "Then when it was time to introduce ourselves, he just couldn't do it without trailing off and kinda shutting down ya know, but I heard him start to say that he likes heroes, so I thought that this guy could maybe be a little more than everyone saw, and my pity for him turned into a genuine desire to become friends to get to know him."

I glance over the unconscious form of my best friend, I try to remember every moment that we'd shared, and I smile. Well, I don't think we have time to talk about much more so I'll cut it down a bit." I say, but Nejire interrupts me "I mean I'm staying here if you want to, we'll need something to keep us occupied, just tell me all of it, for Amajiki's sake.". "Alright then," I concede, "We're in for a long night.".

🅽🅴🅹🅸🆁🅴 🅿🅾🆅

Mirio might've seemed a little exasperated when I told him to tell me everything about how they became friends and all of the cute little highlights, but when he starts telling me about them, he looks genuinely happy.

After hours of tales and stories of Amajiki and Mirio growing up together, we finally wrap up and get ready to sleep on the lightly padded emergency room chairs. I walk over to Amajiki and lightly kiss his forehead and Mirio puts his hand on Amajiki's shoulder and says to him "Sometime you gotta wake up, man, we got school and stuff to do." He tries to stay lighthearted, but the look of pain is prevalent on his face.

I watch him walk over and grab his chair, he takes it and places it next to his friend's bed and just stares at him for a minute before simply uttering "I'm so sorry Tamaki, I let you down, man", and just like that he leans back and begins to doze off, his soft snores filling the room with a pleasant white noise to sleep to.

I give a half-disgusted giggle as a balloon of snot appears in his nose, inflating and deflating in time with the rise and fall of his chest, it's just so... Mirio. But, I find the beckoning of sleep irresistible and I barely manage to stagger over to my chair before following suit.

🅰🅼🅰🅹🅸🅺🅸 🅿🅾🆅

I feel alone again, it was nice to hear Mirio talk about what we'd been through, but when I am able to you know that I'm going to have to tell Nejire that he didn't beat me at Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros Melee nearly as much as he said he did. When I heard Mirio's story draw to a close, I internally sighed in annoyance, now it was back to being alone in the oppressive dark, I heard the shuffling of feet as the pair approached me, and then a soft, tender touch, the most chaste of kisses from Nejire touched my forehead, I internally blushed crazily even at something so a-romantic. Next, a firm yet soft grip on my shoulder took my attention followed by another one of Mirio's apologies, so I wanted to get one thing across "It's not your fault!", but alas I can't. But nearly as soon as they came, my friends left me once more in the dark, alone.