Chapter 28: Jealousy hit her hard!

Amaya's POV

Few days passed but there was not a single text or call from Aditya. Though I was the one who told him to stay away from me and to move on. Then why I was missing him why his absence was disturbing me badly.

When I was returning to home don't know what came into my mind and I eventually stopped in front of his place. I stood infront of his door and wasn't able to knock. And after several minutes I left his place.

The next day I was swiping pictures on my phone and saw our pictures from the recent trip. I stopped watching them. Those pictures brought a smile on my face. We were looking so carefree and happy together. And there were some candid pictures in which he was watching me with a bright smile, there was so much affection in his eyes and that melted my heart.

Suddenly I heard Shruti talking to someone. I approached towards her and she was with someone on video call. And it was Aditya.

"How am I looking?" Shruti asked him while showing her dress she was wearing.

"Perfect, all ready to go on a date!" Aditya said with a huge smile.

"What about me? How am I looking?" He asked to her while adjusting his black jacket.

"Looking soo handsome" She said.

They were talking so happily with each other it reminded me of us, me and Aditya, how we used to talk to each other. All that scene pinched hard in my chest and my level of jealousy got increased.

They hung up the call and she turned and jumped upon looking at me. I looked straight into her eyes and asked "What's going on huh"

She gulped in nervousness and hesitated to say anything so I continued in a sarcastic tone"When you both become that much closer, forget about him,  even you didn't share anything with me and now you are going on a DATE with him!"

"Amaya you are getting it all wrong..." She started to speak but I cutted her off in the middle of sentence. "I'm getting wrong? Huh! You knew it very well that we had a past and still you are starting a relationship with him! You hid it Shruti which clearly shows that you back stabbed me!"

Her eyes widened and she laughed in disbelief and before I could say anything more she stopped me "Amaya enough! You have misunderstood the whole thing! I'm I'm not going on a date with him. Yes! I'm going on date but with someon else, I have someone in my life and I was going to tell you after today's date"

I looked at her puzzled, she took a deep breathe and continued "Aditya helped me with all this, he hooked up us with each other, he works in his office. Me and Aditya are just friends Amaya nothing else trust me"

"So....soo then with whom he's going on a date?" I asked her suspiciously.

She turned her face away from me and changed the topic "We'll talk about this later Amaya, I'm getting late I really need to go now" and started walking away.

But I stopped her by grabbing her hand and said "Shruti don't push my buttons! And just tell me with whom is he going? Is....is there really someone in his life?" though I asked that but I wasn't ready to listen to the answer.

She pulled her hand out of my grip slowly and said while crossing her arms around her chest "So what if he has someone now? You were the one who told him to move on right? So it shouldn't matter to you with whom he's going or is he seeing someone or not? Or it do really matters to you?"

She raised her eyebrows at me and I looked at her shocked like what seriously he is really looking someone else! I just said that out of anger and he believed it? He listened to what rubbish I said.