Date, Masks, Dinner And Trouble

After my encounter with Mark my mind had become a web. Each thread was incomplete and I found myself falling deeper. I knew where I stood. I couldn't ignore my heart wildly thumping in my chest but I also knew it wasn't wise. I couldn't separate the black from white. So I decided to keep an open mind.
More important things were at hand. LIKE TERENCE. I felt Brian had no idea and I didn't know how to break the news to him. But I had to. I didn't blame Mark anymore, it was stupid of me to think it was about me. Mark had taken the right decision and the corner of my carefully built wall softened a little thinking that he was ready to give Terence another shot for me.

        I went to the table keeping a straight face. I told everyone that Mark was willing to give him another chance. I quickly texted Brian to meet me alone later after college. I told Ray to help Sam get the sample of clothes she wanted, hoping they would bond more.

       Brian called me after college, I told Ray to wait for some time he nodded going off to make the evenings' plan with Sam.I didn't know how to approach the topic. Brian must have noticed my discomfort so he asked

" Is something on your mind Rose?"

" Actually, I met Mark and he said something about Terence, I don't know if it's true but I feel you should hear it"

" Ok?" He asked.

" Mark said that Terence is taking drugs " I blurted out.

" What!" I saw Brian's eyes widen behind his spectacles.

" He also said, that he hasn't been practicing and missing out, I don't know if it is true but I think you should talk to him ".

" I don't know how Terence could get himself involved in drugs and lose out on practice, I thought he knew what it meant to be still on the team, to be able to study next year with our family's condition. I can't believe he would do drugs " he said clearly getting worried.

" I feel you should talk to him, maybe something is not right and he so young and new to all this ". I said waving my hands around.

"He needs you, coping with Winston is not a piece of cake maybe the pressure got him".

" Thanks, Rose, I'll talk with him. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have known about this. Who knows how far my brother would have gone "

" Hey come on, we are friends what are friends for, " I said giving him a side hug.

" Tell me how that goes, and Brian I'm here for you" I said smiling. We split up and I went to Ray who had already started the scooty.

        I laid down on the bed looking at the ceiling. My life had taken a 360° turn. My thoughts were still haphazard. I took a shower and picked out a simple blue dress. I didn't want Noah to think that I was interested in him but I also didn't want him to think that I wasn't appreciating his efforts. Maybe Noah could complete some of the treads in my harshly spun web. I put on the knee length dress and paired it with small pearl earrings.

       Noah was right on time. He wore a faded jean and a tee minus his gold chain. He opened the door of his car and I hopped in. He refused to tell me where we were going. He drove quite a while. Our conversation was casual.
He stopped his car outside a diner. He quickly jumped out coming by my side to open the door. Then he threw the keys to the valet. I looked at the restaurant and its surroundings. It was beautiful. Tables were set at a distance and waiters were elegantly moving around. Men and women were cladded with expensive jewelry and watches. I felt underdressed. Noah signaled to the receptionist, she gave him a warm smile and she led us out towards an open space. The ambiance of the place was exquisite and there were hardly any people. The furniture was posh and the air was mild and fragrant.The waitress lead us to an empty table.