Chapter 1 of 20

"See y'all know what's bouta happen right?" Roshanda shouted at the top of her lungs. As she yelled she clapped her hands ratchetly. J'Keira rolled her eyes.

"You gone ride for me?" Roshanda whispered to her.
"Yeah," she assured her. Truth was, J'Keira didn't want to fight. But she couldn't back down now.

One of the three girls standing across from them stepped forward to Roshanda. "You all talk. Can you back it up though?" Roshanda smiled. "Boo get out my face."

Roshanda stuck a snobby hand in the girls face and... things went down. In seconds Roshanda's hair was being pulled. Still, she swung her arms wildly, hitting the girl directly in the nose. She stumbled and grabbed her now bleeding nose. Roshanda took this as a chance to attack.

She leapt on top of the girl and began pummeling the garbage out of her. The girl swung from the ground but kept getting overpowered.

Her friends took this as a moment to jump in. J'Keira nervously stepped up, arms raised. One of the girls and J'Keira circled on another until she came at her, arms raised. J'Keira threw a punch and connected with the girl's jaw. She angrily swung back on J'Keira hitting her in the eye.

Her eye felt like someone had poked it with a white hot needle. She jumped back, clutching her eye and trying, trying not to cry. As her opponent made her way to get on her, J'Keira heard footsteps and next thing she knew, the girl was on the ground being pummeled by her sister Chloe.

Chloe wasn't much of a fighter, but when it came to J'Keira she would be the first one swingin'.

J'Keira rolled onto her stomach and got up. She patted Chloe's shoulder, signaling she'd handle the rest.

And she got to work. The girl still punched and even connected a few times, but with the adrenaline J'Keira couldn't feel a thing.

As she pummeled the girl, J'Keira heard a whistle. "Hey! Hey get off that girl!" J'Keira went on fighting. "I said get off her!" A man said running up. He ripped J'Keira from the girl and helped the girl up. J'Keira angrily stared at the man.

"Who the heck are you?"

"I'm her probation officer. And you, are going to jail." J'Keira turned around, looking for somebody to defend her. Everybody had left, including Roshanda and Chloe. J'Keira just shook her head. So much for ridin' for each other.