Part 1//The Calm

Their relationship was natural. Easy. Life on the island has been traumatic and the lies they had to tell made everything worse. They confided in each other, needed each other. It was good for a while. He'd proposed pretty suddenly, and after the initial shock of it, she quickly accepted. And now she was a wife. She never imagined she'd be a wife, that anyone would actually want to marry her, let alone Sayid. 

She missed her friends. Kate, Jack, Hurley, and Sun.  They'd been together very few times since coming back, for Jacks fathers funeral and Hurleys birthday.  She'd called Kate on the anniversary of the crash, to check up on her. She couldn't call Hurley, as he was in an institution. Sun didn't want much to do with any of them, and she was more Sayids friend than hers anyway. If she wanted to reach out, she'd probably do it through him. 

She and Sayid had bought a flat. Life was good, considering the circumstances. She loved him unconditionally. Her insecurities were finally put to rest when Nadia reached out to Sayid when they got back, and he chose not to be with her. They'd taken a break so she knew he really considered Nadia, not choosing her just because he felt obligated. Things were okay. This was the calm.