The timid girl...

"Oh, I'm sorry. When did she pass?" Elizabeth questioned. "She got washed into the sea during the tsunami last fall. I bring flowers everyday to the cemetery across the swinging bridge." The girl said sadly. "Where is the swinging bridge?" Elizabeth asked. "It is on the north side of the village, past the big rock that looks like a chair." When the girl was done talking, she just turned an walked away. There was no goodbye or exchange of names.

Elizabeth just stood there for a minute an watched the little girl disappear around the corner. As she was skipping away her braids swung side to side. Elizabeth just smiled at how innocent the girl was. She was in her own little world and Elizabeth envied that.

After a little while Elizabeth was called away by Carter, one of the other volunteers, to help with the siding of the school. She didn't see the little girl for another two weeks. She passed her while fetching water. The little girl had a handful of flowers and Elizabeth smiled to herself. She loved how dedicated the girl was to her grandmother.

Later on that day no one could find the little girl. Elizabeth immediately thought about what she said about the cemetery. She told her group leader about where the little girl might be and set out in that direction. As she walked away, she could hear her group leader tell the village leader.