Memories

So on Sunday I started packing. Shawn helped me for a bit but I could see he was getting bored so I let him leave. It was sad. It seemed like I was packing my whole life, not just my clothes. We were flying up to Wellington on Tuesday so I had a couple of days to say goodbye to everyone. I planned a leaving party on Monday so I could spend time with everyone then. Today, once I had finished packing, I was going to the park with Shawn. It was where we used to go when we were little, before we started going out. It was Shawn's idea, he said it would be good to spend time somewhere that would bring back memories that I could treasure forever.
***
When we got to the park we sat in our favorite spot, by the pond. I remember when we used to go swimming in their, with no care in the world about relationships, only caring about being friends. Back then I never thought I was going to move, had not even thought about it once.
"Do you remember when I pushed you in and you said you were never going to talk to me ever again" Shawn says.
" Yeah," I reply, " and then a couple of seconds later I asked you what you were doing for your school project".
" You could never stay angry at me for long" he says, and that brings years to my eyes. We chatted until it got dark and then walked home, hand in hand.