The 'reunion'

This next few chapters might be a little boring but it will be getting up to an interesting part. And sorry if there are any typos. 😋

We had a short car ride to dads house but it wasn't long enough. I was SO anxious about the meeting that I wish the car journey could go on forever so I didn't need to face the 'REUNION'.
But we did arrive and as I hopped out of the car, I knew mum was right. Dad did have a good job. His house was a two story modern mansion. At least I will have a good roof above me. We knocked on the door and was welcomed by a smiling faced middle-aged man. This was my dad? He was wearing black jeans with a white, red and blue checkered shirt. He embraced me in a bear hug and I could smell cigarettes in his breath. I hate smokers! it's disgusting and ridiculous. Who would risk their life to smoke? I know it's not good to hate your own dad but at the moment I dislike him.
" So how's life?" dad asks me.
" Alright" I mumble. I plod through the hallway, while mum and dad talk as if nothing has ever happened between them. Dad points to a room to the right and I resize this is going to be my room. There is a double bed
and a desk, presumably where I do my study. I look out the window and a stunning view hits me. I can see the beach out in front of me,Te Papa to my left and the to my right. I kick my shoes off and relax on my bed, listening to music. Maybe it's not going to be that bad after all...