Chapter 3

I quite like short chapters here and there.

Ashton's POV

Brainstorming how to torture someone is not necessarily how I would have liked to spend my Friday night.

"What if we just do that Chinese torture thing, boss? Make him go crazy."

Devon has thought of at least ten ideas, and not one of them sounds torturous enough. Currently, it is just me and him sitting in my office. We keep going back and forth and not one of us can agree on what method we should use.

"Kill him."

"Boss, that would not help our case at all."

"Slice him piece by piece?"

"Too much of a clean-up. What if we threatened his family?"

"He has none, we ran a background check on him. What about the old isolation box so he is alone with his thoughts and nothing else?"

"Not bad. What if we mixed that with some Chinese torture?"

I glare at Devon, "Water isn't going to solve anything. I say we do the isolation box and if he doesn't crack by tomorrow I do as I please to him."

Devon shrugs as he leans back into his chair, "Can we ever do that water shit?"

"Yeah, do it to yourself."

Devon laughs loudly, "You make me miss the old you. I remember when you were younger and you just joked around all the time."

I raise an eyebrow at him, "You're drifting from the topic, Devon. People change."

That did not stop Devin from reminiscing about his shit past, "Do you remember when you went to Red's for the first time when you were 18? You were so naive back then, almost too naive. And then you got drunk and danced all night," Devon pauses and lets out a loud laugh before continuing, "I have never seen you so carefree in my life."

My eyes shoot daggers at him, "I was drunk."

The man shrugs in front of me as if it didn't faze him, "So? When was the last time you were drunk? When was the last time you forgot about who you were and just danced all night long?"

I almost scoff, "5 years ago, Devon. You were there for it."

"So do it again. Tomorrow night. At Red's. Everyone will be busy with the shipment, I will make sure no one will be there."

It's an offer that I am tempted to take. But what happens if something happens? And I am drunk? These past few years of being the leader of the most notorious mafia, I have yet to have one day off.

"And what do I get in return other than a hangover?"

Devon smiles, "I will take care of good old Ray."

"Deal."