0. traffic

People shoved by each other, scuffling into the bus.

As well as a tall lanky british man.

He was currently on a bus back home from the big city. You see, this was Wilbur Soot we were talking about.

Tall, attractive, talented, and taken. Who would've expected that? He never goes to the big big city, despite him living not too far from it, and he only went to chase his dream of being a musician.

The other half of the time he was there was because his boyfriend is a businessman in the city and decided to drag the brit around.

Wilbur can't lie to himself. He's extroverted, loves to be around people, but he's afraid of the city. Traffic bustles everywhere, tragic stories are shared.

Local male, robbed. Held at gunpoint.

Local shop, robbed. Two men were found injured.

An accident gets reported a few times a day, once if lucky.

That was the one thing that troubled the musician.

But brushed it off like it was nothing.

As he slunk into the bus, he quickly walked to the back and, to no avail, found no seats available. So, he stood up. Again.

Every time he's on a bus, despite once but that was his significant forcing him to sit, he has never clutched a seat. He doesn't mind it, but he was already lucky enough to be on the bus.

Wilbur held tightly onto the bar from the ceiling, staring at the floor. The vehicle road smoothly, a few bumps making him away around.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, probably a phone call. He slipped his fingers into his side pocket and pulled it out.

"Hello?"

"Hey Wil, you on the way back?"

"Hah, yeah. How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess."

"Funny, How come you called?"

"Just wanted to make sure you were still alive."

"Oooh, worth a shot. This is a voice recording."

"I'm hanging up on you, Soot."

"Wait no, I'm sorry Schlatt."

"Don't be, It's fine." He let out a rough chuckle.

Wilbur smiled, his eyes closing comfortably at the sound of his lover's voice.

"I wish I was with you right now."

"Oh yeah, Wil?"

"Mhmm."

"I wish I could say the same."

"Hey!!" Wilbur cracked a laugh, hearing a chuckle from Schlatt.

"I'm kidding, love you too." The American's voice softened, causing Wilbur to smile wider like a dork.

The Brit looked out the window. "There's a lot of traffic here." His smile faded, slowly his body began to fill with anxiety.

And Schlatt could tell.

"Oh yeah? Don't worry about it, everyone's just in a rush to get home. They wanna get to their families and rest a while." Wilbur listened to Schlatt's voice. He always used this tactic to calm Wilbur down, but for some reason it wasn't working.

The Brit was brought to reality, cars beeping, trucks storming by.

He felt his heart speed up, his hazel gaze darting from out the window to someone in a seat.