Prologue

A lone flower in a vase fainted rapidly, follwed by a clawed hand picking it up gently.

"You have no idea how strange it was...," a sweet, yet sad voice called to the flower. "It was like as if he could see the real me..."

For a second the dying rose seemed to talk back.

"Don't be foolish, Fieferae." It giggled. "No mortal will ever see you. Ever."

The clawed girl set the flower back, so she herself could weep, making sure not to cut herself with her talons. Tears went down her scalely face continuously, some seeped into her large teeth. A glow passed through her, like the moon.

"Well either way, human will be scared of me..." The girl mumbled, her long, fluffy ears twitching. "Oh god, Rosy, I'm sorry." Fieferae produced a glowing tear, then spread it along the thorny rose, making it rejuvenate even larger than before.

* * *

As the sun died, the garden surrounding the two applied itself welcomingly to the night, the moon. The petals of the flowers glowed like the dragon girl, but the glow reflexted off of her.

The pond nearby swirled as fish moved through it. The let out a exhausted sigh.

"I can't keep doing this... Bringing the day and night. Not for those rude people in town...," Fieferae mumbled to her rose. "And... you... are my lifespan..."