Chapter 1

The king's daughter, Alice, made her way through the castle towards class. She trained every other day on her shape-changing skill, though she was naturally a feline like her father, Alice dwelled for learning. 

Norman, Alice's father, knows everything about his children. Their goals, likes, dislikes, fears, and skills. The queen, Maylin, got this information mixed, but it wasn't exactly her fault because Maylin always dealt with the government issues in their town. 

                                                              "Hopefully we're doing combat today..." Alice muttered to herself, walking by a dark room. She stopped. It was lit a second ago. 

The blond girl peeked in. There's someone reading with a laturn lit. 

                                                                  "Renvia?" Alice called, her sister only gave a glare. 

                                                               "I'm reading..."  

Alice nodded, closing the door and walking away from the room. 

It's always dark when mom's gone, but you don't associate with Renvia, even though she's young.  

Renvia isn't the brightest child. She was mean, selfish, or maybe just alone. She kept to herself most the time, reading books in her dark room. The girl didn't dress proper either. Renvia always wore something dark, but it was to match her hair, as she says. It always did. 

                                                                                                        * * *

Alice crouched into the grass, eyes fixed on a rodent near. She approached slowly, moving in a side step way to prevent from being noticed. 

Alice closed in, her eyes wild. 

Her tail perked up. 

The creature ran. 

She wouldn't let it, she pounced, but missed. Alice swiped at it and she managed to scoop it up. It squeaked before it morphed into a being. 

                                   "Well done, Alice!" The tall man exclaimed. "You scared me there for a second." 

                                    "Thank you, Treilori." Alice mewed before changing back to her normal self. Treilori bowed.

                                                                          "Your getting better, Alice, but sister should join us." He sighed. "Anyway, your only problem is your tail. Keep it down." Alice blushed and grabbed her tail. 

                                                         "I know..." Alice sighed, bringing her tail back.

                                                             "If you knew you'd keep it down." 

                                                           Alice sighed deeply. "I'll try harder..." 

                                                                                                                          *                         "What do you mean by 'thing?' " Norman questioned the man. "Explain, Nicholas." 

                                             "Your highness, listen, I was with my daughter in the market, but then I saw... A thing steal a fruit from a cart. I called the guards, but it was gone!"