Your Protagonist

You coughed out blood lying on the side of the road to the house. You were seriously beat up and you couldn't hear out of one of your ears because it was clogged with blood.

"Y/n! You have to get up!" Your crow said worried. "I'll go find help!" It flew off leaving you alone. You saw a grey wolf creeping out of the forest. You gasped and regained your stability on your feet. The wolf bit into your shoulder. You didn't want to hurt the animal, so you pinned it in a position that wouldn't hurt it. You knocked it out and fell over on your back next to it. You saw a yellow haired man pop into your vision just before you blacked out. You woke up in a small cave.

"You must be the owner of this crow huh?" He asked. "A demon slayer."

"Ugh, my head." You sighed putting a hand in your bloody hair.

"It's probably the smell of the medicine." He smiled gently. "How did you end up in that bad of a condition?"

"Hmm, I don't remember." You laughed nervously. "I hit my head hard when I fell... I think, and I hardly remember anything, my name is y/n, I am a demon slayer."

"The raven told me that much." He laughed. "I'm Zenitsu, I'm also a demon slayer, however I have a sparrow."

"How cute." You giggled holding the sparrow.

"Y/n, you finished your mission, however the next one you will be working with Zenitsu, due to your condition." Your raven said.

"Oh, we're gonna die." Zenitsu cried. "I mean I knew I was gonna die, but now thanks to my idiocy I'm gonna get you killed."

"Aw, don't say that! We're gonna be perfectly fine... We should get moving however." You smiled.

"O-ok." Zenitsu said, his eyes were teary and he was sniffling.

"Y/n, I believe one of your blades broke in your last battle, should I tell the Demon slayer core?" The raven asked.

"Yes, I believe me and Zenitsu will be able to follow this adorable sparrow to our next mission until you return, here." You wrote on a piece of cloth and dried it over the small fire, tying a piece of your blade into the cloth. "Take this to them." You smiled.

"Of course." Your crow nodded taking the piece of cloth in it's mouth and flying away.

"You seem so calm." Zenitsu said. "You aren't scared?"

"Fear holds us back from our full potential, so do ties to your humanity, If you're too scared to see the blood of a demon, or to see a human or demon corpse this job isn't for you." You said. "The meek hearted are weak, and that's why the demon slayer core exists."

"You sound so professional." He laughed nervously. Something struck you, making you feel cold. You stomped out the fire and covered Zenitsu's mouth hiding in the corner of the dark cave. "Wh-what is it?"

"Shh.. I think it's just a bear, whatever it is doesn't know we're here yet." You winced.

"You're in pain, we should just run, if we get caught you're in no condition to fight and I'm too weak to defeat a bear." He said.

"No, it's safer to remain hidden." You said. Zenitsu sighed and flipped you up so he was carrying you bridal style and begun running. "It's gone, Zenitsu... I'm gonna go to a nearby store, you stay here with the sparrow, if my crow returns, explain I am in the store."

"O-oh ok." Zenitsu nodded as you hopped from his arms. You ran into the store picking up some food and bandages, as well as a new Kimono. You went into the bathroom and bandaged yourself before putting your kimono on. You put the food in your bag and got a healing balm to put on your wounds after you finished your mission. You came out of the store yawning tiredly, to see Zenitsu thrashing as someone else held him by his kimono. You sensed he had a demon on him. "Y/n!!"

"You know this guy?" The other demon slayer asked. You looked the guy up and down looking at the box.

"Yeah, He saved me from bleeding out, him and I are about to head on our way to our next mission." You shrugged. "So what did you do?"

"I-I-"

"He was pestering a lady to marry him because he didn't want to die alone." The demon slayer across from you sighed.

"....Don't tell me you're scared? What did we talk about? This is no job for the meek hearted." You placed your hands on your hips. "Geez, my uniform got tarnished in that last mission, I wish I had the money to buy clothes I'm be more flexible in."

"I'm Tanjiro, what are your names?" The demon slayer asked.

"Zenitsu." Your yellow haired friend smiled.

"My name is y/n." You bowed slightly.

"You don't need to bow, I'm actually pretty sure you're a higher rank than me." Tanjiro laughed

"I doubt it." You smiled.

"Y/n!! Y/n!! Up the mountain!!! Up the mountain now!! Run!!" Your raven said overhead. You gasped and begun running towards the mountain. You almost made it there when you nearly collapsed from lack of oxygen.

"Woah!" Zenitsu caught you from falling. "Come on, don't go collapsing! You're making the odds of dying look higher and higher!"

"She can't breathe." Tanjiro said. He propped you up against a tree and ran his hand just under your collarbone. "Nothing is compressing her chest, so it might be a broken rib puncturing her lung-"

"No, I just... Struggle breathing sometimes." You coughed.

"Oh.." Tanjiro said.

"Y/n! Y/n! Where is your medicine? Have you taken it today?" Your crow asked.

"No, the shop was all out of stock, I ran out." You said. "I guess I should avoid running or engaging in long lasting battles until I get some more."

"Ok, than leave most of the fighting to Zenitsu and I!" Tanjiro smiled.

"What?! Noooooooooo." Zenitsu said. "I'm gonna die."