Novella three

What woke me was my lungs burning from lack of air.

I was tied to the thick wooden mast of a boat, which rocked backwards and forwards drunkenly. All around me topless men with guns slung in their belts worked the boat.

I was hungry and dehydrated, but mainly awear I was still in my corset, I shivered.

Whoever tied these knotts knew what they were doing, they wouldn't even budge.

"The brats awake." Someone called.

They were lucky I was tied up, if someone else called me a brat I would slap them round the face.

I was awear of a man stood Infront of me but I kept my eyes shut. Everything was quiet for a moment and I wondered if he'd gone away.

"I know you're awake, are you going to open you're eyes or do I need to make you?" A masculine voice asked.

"How exactly do you force someone to open their eyes?" I said, eyes still shut.

"Like this." He said.

Then I was awear of cool hard lips forcing themselves against mine, I jerked backwards but it didn't really work as I was tied to the mast of teh ship. He stepped back after a second, but my eyes were as predicted, open.

He was tall and large, muscles showing through his white shirt. He was dark trousers with a belt holding a gun and curved sword, long, wavy dark hair escaped from his large black hat. He was in fact handsome.

'Your a pirate!" I gasped.

He smiled a large grin, "Actually I'm a pirate captain.."

I didn't know how to respond, lesson after lesson of how to speak politely with my Mother didn't help me in such a situation.

Pirates were common in this area but I had never left the walls surrounding my house so had had no contact with anyone similar to one.

"I kept you alive, now give me one good reason to keep you that way." He said.

"Because I am a halfly dressed lady who's hungry and thirsty, and nearly drowned." I replied desperately.

"That's not exactly how pirates work." The captain said smirking .

"Can ya ransom her?" A crew member called.

"Are you high up in society misses?" The captain asked.

He spoke surprisingly well for a pirate unlike his crew.

"I was someone once but I'd rather die than go back to that life." I said.

"So I have no reason to let you live?" The captain asked disappointed.

"I can pay myself." I said.

I know I didn't look like the sort of person who would be carrying money, only in my underdresses and just fished out if the sea but I still had the emerald gem round my neck.

It was large and cool and I could feel it against my skin still, I had taken it from Malia's dead body once I heard my parents plan to destroy all her belongings. I would hate to give it away but I knew Malia would rather I lived then hold onto her.

"But you'll need to untie me first." I said.

To be continued...