One

Chapter One

"Probably, some members of the press gathered outside. Please, cooperate this time, Aster, if you don't want this issue become bigger." Grandeur said, my manager, who keeps telling me those things for I don't know how many times.

"Yeah, I already know it, Grand."
I conceded. "You've been telling me that for every fucking minute. It's so annoying." I complained again, rolling my eyes widely.

I can see him through his reflection on the vanity mirror. He's standing right beside me while massaging the bridge of his nose. Whining and moaning his frustrations.

He sighed heavily. "So you wouldn't forget! All I'm asking you is to behave but eventually you're not doing it. You always do what you want!"

Inihilamos niya ang mga palad sa kaniyang mukha ngunit muli siyang tumingin sa akin.

"Look, you're a famous model and actress. You are in the fucking limelight but if you keep this up, ikakabagsak 'to ng career mo. And if that's gonna happen, deal with the consequences, Astraia- to your fans and especially to the executives."

"Behave? Ano ako aso? That bitch slapped me for no reason. She's fuming mad at me for I don't know the problem." I exclaimed still looking at the mirror.

He exhaled. "Tss. I really can't believe you, Aster! If this damn issue doesn't go down in flames. You'll be in big trouble." Iiling-iling niyang turan. Pumunta naman siya sa may couch and leaned himself there.

My brows furrowed. "Wait! As far as I can remember, I didn't do anything wrong." Tumingin siya sa akin. Magkasalubong pa ang kilay. May gusto siyang sabihin pero pinili niyang hindi ito sambitin.

Nilabanan ko ang mga tingin niya sa salamin."What?" Tanong ko ng nakataas ang isang kilay. "Oh, so now you think I'm wrong!" I huffed. "Grand, it's not me who's the problem here. It's my ex-boyfriend who keeps pestering me and that bitch who tested my patience and those people who has a lot of time trying to make issues out of nowhere" I explained to him trying to make a point.

He again cupped his face in his hands then looked at me, disappointedly.

"Kung umiwas ka na lang at umalis sa club edi sana wala tayong problema ngayon. You know what? Hindi ka talaga pumapalyang pasakitin ang ulo ko, Aster. Baka ikaw pa maging dahilan ng maagang pagkamatay ko."

"I'm sorry, Grand. You know me. I'm not the person who's not easy to be mess with. But trust me, I'm trying to keep my distance from it. Anong magagawa ko if gulo mismo ang lumalapit sa akin?" Hindi dapat ako ang umiwas dahil magmumukha lang akong kawawa at hindi ako ang klase ng taong hindi kinakaawaan. I understand Grand's point but I can't take it. Dapat ang mga taong piniling gumawa ng kasalanan ang dapat na mahiya at siyang umiwas. Hindi yung sila pa ang malakas ang loob.

I can see how stress was all written on his face, maybe he's thinking to save my ass again. Kahit naman bitchesa ako, tinatablan ako ng guilt lalo na kapag malapit sa puso ko yung tao. Ibinaling ko na lang sa phone ko ang aking atensiyon.

Calls, texts and social media notifications flooded my phone as it continuously buzzing but I refused to check those. Well, it's a waste of time, why bother explaining to them, will that change everything? I guess not. And what will I gain from reading those hates and bashing from those trolls? Wala naman diba.

I realized that in this industry, you cannot control what people think about you. Just let them say what they want, you don't have to care. You don't have to say anything.

Sometimes, it is cringey reading about yourself and often reading about something that is completely false and wondering where the hell they came up with that?!