'You sleep so late my dear'

Aziraphale's pov

Since Crowley and I are celestials, we technically don't need to sleep, but Crowley acts like if he doesn't get it he'd die. He sleeps way too long, but, when he wakes up, he is much...how should I say it? Softer??

It was around 11:30 pm and I was debating with myself whether to open the shop or now, and was still inconclusive. I stood at the window, cup of coffee in hand, looking at the people walking back and forth down the street, people watching had became a habit of mine, preforming the occasional miracle to keep bad things from happening to them.

It was fairly quiet, besides the chatter and cars passing by my window, it was peaceful, as things should be, but that quiet peace was interrupted by heavy footsteps trailing into the kitchen. I looked behind me to see a very groggy Crowley now in the room.

I smiled softly at his bed head and his sluggish movements, "Good morning Crowley, how did you sleep?" I asked him, he looked up at me, still half asleep. His head dropped back down and gave a quiet 'Meh...' in a low morning voice.

I chuckled and opened a cupboard and grabbed his snake mug to pour him a cup of coffee as well. It was soon put together, I sat down in the chair next to him and set the cup down by him and tapped his shoulder. That got him to raise his head. I saw his golden eyes light up and quickly snagged the mug to take a large drink of it. He contently sighed as he set it back down.

Seeing him thankful for the coffee gave me butterflies, I love seeing his smile, even if it was small, to me it was still beautiful. To be honest, anything he did I thought of as breathtaking, so I guess I'm a bit biased in that statement.

Crowley's pov

Zira' stood up from his chair and walked back to the counter so he could grab his cup and bring it back. The outside world caught must have caught his eye again and he was quickly entranced by it. He just stood there, gazing out of the window.

He was standing there for a while, and I was getting bored. I decided to get up from my chair and sneak behind him. I probably suprised him a bit because he jumped just a bit when I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head in the crook of his neck

"Say, angel," I asked softly, "what time is it?"

He looked down at his watch, "Around eleven forty five now, why?"

"Really? It's almost noon already?" I said louder, laced with just a bit of disbelief. I usually only slept till around ten, not eleven, I like to sleep but I didn't mean to snooze till noon this time.

I heard Aziraphale set his cup down and watched him turn around to face me, still in my embrace. He looked up at me, I gazed lovingly at his features that I've long since memorized.

"You sleep so late my dear." Zira' mumbled, he got on the tips of his toes and kissed my forehead, earning a hum of gratitude from me.

"No...you just get up too early, I mean, seven a.m. every morning? How in anyone's name do you achieve that?" I replied, earning a laugh from the angel I was currently enveloping in my arms.

"Well, I think I'd get the hang of it after a few thousand years of practice." He retorted jokingly, he watched me roll my eyes, a smile still lingering on my lips.

"Eh, well you must be long overdue for a cheat day, so, come back to bed and cuddle with me." I told him, and started pulling him back to bed.

The angel tried to resist, "No! You just fully woke up, you can't go back now! You'll fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow!"

"Noooooooo....I promise I wont do that, just c'monnnnn." I groaned, not really telling the truth, but I really want to spend some time with my angel, so I'd try to stay awake for as long as possible.

"Crowley..." he tried to obstruct, but didn't have a good enough argument so he didn't continue his statement, so I knew I won.

Finally I dragged him back to bed where we spent almost the full rest of the day talking and relaxing together.