It's raining, it's pouring

Crowley's pov

I had decided to go for a walk through the streets of London. It was chilly out, the skies were a bit grey and gloomy. I made a decision on the fly that I wanted to visit Aziraphale, so I made a turn on a specific street corner, I had memorized how to get to his bookshop since I go there so often.

A bitter wind blew behind me and pressed my jacket to my back, I felt a light chill run up my spine. I closed my jacket and buttoned it to try and preserve any body heat as much as I could.

As I continued my route, the sky got darker and the clouds looked heavy with rain. I walked just a bit faster so I could hopefully get there sooner.

I was just a few minutes away, the surroundings were familiar, knew exactly where a was. I took another turn and saw the bookshop on the corner.

I made my way down the street, and watched as the other people either hurriedly got inside or looked for something to shield themselves from the incoming rain.

Besides the sound of car engines going back and forth down the street, the light patter of rain started to become more evident in the background ambiance. They went from a light, small drizzle, to big, fat droplets hitting my head. I had to make my way quicker and soon enough I was finally under the cover of  the bookshops cloth overhang.

The lights were off, which was weird, but I still I went to open the door and saw a paper on it.

I'm sorry the shop is closed at the moment, I'll be back to reopen in around half an hour!
-A.Z.Fell

"Ah, dammit!" I grumbled, I looked back, it was practically pouring now. Great, now I'm stuck here till either the weather clears up or Zira gets back; and I don't think this rain will stop anytime soon.

I leaned against the door and flipped up the collar of my coat to keep my face from freezing. I then crossed my arms to keep my jacket close to my form. There, I waited, very impatiently might I add, for Az to get back.

Aziraphale's pov

As the taxi stopped in front of my shop, I paid the fare, grabbed my bags, and got out. I kept my head down till I was under the overhang. Then I hear a loud ahem over the sound of heavy rainfall.

I looked over to see Crowley, he was damp and shaking a bit from the cold. He wore an annoyed face as he looked at me.

"Crowley? What are you doing out here?! It's absolutely foul out!" I exclaimed

"I was waiting for you, what do you think?" He muttered, I quickly unlocked the door.

"Come in, come in, I'll make you a hot drink to warm you up my dear!" I let him in and quickly closed the door behind the both of us. I heard him utter a thanks as he walked in.

As we walked up the stairs to his home above the shop, I set down my bags in the kitchen and quickly got a kettle running so I could make him some tea. I got back into the living room to see him shivering on the couch, he had taken his coat and shoes off at the door.

I ran to grab a spare blanket from my box of spares and returned. Then wrapped the giant fluffy blanket I had snagged around his shoulders.

"There, hopefully this will help, the kettle is on the stove. I'm sorry I left you out there I really didn't mean to, I had no clue you were coming over, I would have been quicker!" I apologized sincerely, I was quite nervous for his response.

"Don't lose your head angel, it was mostly my fault, I was on a walk and decided to come over in the middle of it and didn't tell you. Only when I got there it had started pouring and I couldn't go back. So I kinda deserved it due to poor planning and bad luck." He chuckled reassuringly as he pulled the blanket tighter, a large weight lifted from my chest.

But he was wrong, he didn't deserve to be left in the rain, but before I could protest, the whistle of the kettle interrupted me.

"Give me just a moment," I said quickly, walking briskly to the kitchen and took the kettle off, I grabbed a mug and some earl grey and fixed up a cup for him.

As I walked back, cup in hand, I saw something absolutely adorable.

Crowley had now nestled himself completely in the fluffy white blanket, I could only see his head and the tips of his hands clutching the blanket tight. He had taken his glasses off and set them on the table next to where he sat. His hair was messy and fluffy because it was messed up in the rain and was drying funny. Seeing him comfortable like this was a rarity and I always tell a little deeper in love when I see him in this state.

"Here my love, this'll warm you up a bit." I handed the warm mug to him and he looked up at me blushing, so I asked, "is there an issue dear Crowley?"

He snapped out of his trance and mumbled, "No, you just, you mean a lot to me and I'm really thankful you did this for me...and..." He mumbled something else.

I cocked my head to the side just a bit, "What was that darling?" I asked.

"I said 'I love you' ok!?" He said quickly, looking into his cup so he didn't make eye contact with me.

I smiled brightly, my heart swelled. I sat down next to him and hugged him close to me, but was careful so he didn't spill his tea.

"Oh, I love you too Crowley!!!" I exclaimed and kissed his temple.

He was a big, blushing puddle in my arms, and that's how we stayed, talking softly as Crowley cuddled into me and drank his tea, finally warming up.