Chapter Two;

The light in my bedroom was dim, so studying in here was somewhat of a challenge. I squint, bringing the book closer, trying to take

in the history, written within the pages. I’d been re-renovating all day, and now, Saturdays afternoon was catching up on me.

I still had a pounding headache, but things were seeming a lot clearer to me.

I guess the smell of paint had found it’s way up my nose, and I soon found myself in the hallway, dry reaching.

“Are you alright Sach?” Jamie asks, poking her head out of her own bedroom, staring at me.

I nod. “Yeah” I manage to hiss through my coughing attack. She steps out of her bedroom, and carefully sits down on the floor

with me, smiling. “What are you smiling at?” I ask, finally done choking. “I applied for an exchange student” She begins to explain

but I cut her off with an abrupt hug. “What? Jamie! That’s awesome!” I screech. She pats my back, before pulling away.

“And they were accepted to come here! He’s coming on Monday” Jamie says, a huge ear to ear smile forming.

I widen my eyes. “Wait, so you’re not going. Someone’s coming here?” “Yep”

I roll my eyes, and dramatically fall on my side. “Who is it, what’s his name?” I ask. Jamie stands up, quickly rushing back to her bedroom.

She clears her throat and comes back with her laptop, holding it awkwardly. “His name is Luke Brooks, and he’s from Australia” Jamie giggles.

“Australia? Great. Aren’t Australian’s like, hobo’s?” I mumble, looking up at her. “Sacha!” Jamie hisses, gently kicking my foot.

“Australian’s aren’t all bogan’s. Besides, this Luke guy, he seems really nice” Jamie says, most likely falling off into a day dream.

“You better be careful, don’t want Ol’ Nialler to get jealous” I smirk, and cross my arms, staring at the ceiling. “I will”

Opening the curtains and window began to draw out the horrid stench of paint. Everything smelt like paint, however I was proud

of how much I had done in one day, on my own. Standing back, I admired the teal coloured wall. It looked nice with the cream

coloured walls, and that doona cover I’d received as a gift, that never went with anything.

“Sacha!”

I roll my eyes, and cross my arms. It was Amber. “Yes, Amber?” I shout back, opening the door, trampling down the hallway.

“We’re all going out to dinner tonight, with the guys”  She says, tossing her keys onto the bench. I roll my eyes and run a hand

through my mass of curls, oh which were beginning to mat together due to the sweat and paint.

“So, are Louis and Zayn coming” I ask, looking around the room. “Yeah, and a guy called Nick. He’s a new teacher at Denver”

Amber says, now over by the calendar, tracing the dates with her index finger. “It’s nearly your birthday, you know” Amber says,

tapping her finger on the 23rd of November. I shrug. “It’s just another day on the calendar to me, Amber” “Your going to be eighteen”

She says, now standing just before me. “Anyways, we should get ready. Jamie and Jessi are in town at the moment”

I nod, and stumble back down the hallway, into my bedroom, letting the bedroom door swing off my hinges.

I could literally feel time ticking away. Tick Tick Tick. I was sure I had nothing to wear, and even if I tried to wear something classy