Epilogue

I leaned against the wooden rail that connected to the wall. My breathing was labored and I took puffs of air every five seconds. A sudden pain ripped its way through me and I wince, gritting my teeth. I lean against the wall and groan. Damion grips my arm, urging me to keep going. I glare up at him. “Don’t touch me.” I snap.

He shakes his head, a look of guilt passes over his face but he gently pulls me from the wall and forces me to shuffle further down the long hall.

He rubs my back as we slowly move down the hall. “I can’t do this.” I gasp out through a contraction. He wraps an arm around my waist and I lean against him. “Yes, you can, come on, just one more lap and we can go back to the room.” I shake my head on the verge of tears.

“Damion…” I whine. He shakes his head, planting a kiss against my cheek. “Start walking.”

As we begin to walk again another contraction hits me and I see stars.

“You okay?” He asks me. I glare at him under my lashes. “Do I look alright to you?” I shout through clenched teeth. He raises his arms in defeat. “Just trying to make sure that you’re all good.”

I gasp in pain. “Damion, we will not be having anymore of these things!” I shout pointing at my large stomach. He smirks, his dimples sinking as he tries not to laugh. “You mean a baby? You call a baby a thing, Danielle.” I shot him an evil look, “You know what I mean.”

He laughs.

After our intense walk around the hall we finally make it back to the hospital room. I take deep breathes as Damion rubs my back, trying to soothe me.

A pain unlike any of the earlier contractions makes me scream and I feel tears prick the back of my eyes. I’m practically panting now and Damion rings the nurse. She walks into the room with a calm smile on her face and I can’t help but glare at her.

“I need to see how far you’ve dilated so I’m going to need you to lay down for just a minute, okay?” I groan.

After a minute of me struggling to get onto the bed she checks me and smiles brightly.

“It’s time! I’ll go get the doctor.” She stands and exits the room.

Damion smiles at me, his hands caressing my cheeks as he plants kisses on my lips.

The doctor clears his throat as he walks in and Damion moves away. I grip Damion’s hand as the doctor orders me to push.

After what felt like hours the cries of our baby fill the air and my head hits the pillow.

“Don’t get too comfortable yet, we still have the placenta.” I curse.

Once I’m done giving birth my grip on Damion’s hand softens and sweat cascades down every inch of my body. I blink as fatigue tries to consume. Damion lifts me up as a nurse hands me our baby. She smiles, “Congratulations, you have a beautiful baby girl.”

I cradle the baby in my arms and I smile. Damion gently runs a finger across her soft light brown skin. “Hi Angel…I’m your daddy.” She blinks her eyes and her little mouth contorts into what looks like a smile. As she does this two dimples appear and sink. I laugh happily. Damion smiles as he looks at me. I poke a finger into one of his dimples and he laughs.

He runs a hand across her head, mussing the black patch of hair on her head.

Then he turns to me and cups my cheek, a permanent smile on his face as his leans toward me.

“Thank you.” He whispers. I smile sleepily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Months Later

"Wait, stop...I'm tired." I whine sleepily. My head is on the pillow and my eyes are closed. Damion trails constant kisses across my naked frame. Licking along the nape of my neck as he continues to travel down...down... I gasp, bucking underneath him. "Damion!" I reach around and squeeze his shoulder. "No! Let me sleep, please." I mumble. He moves up my body, licking around my navel as he does. "I'll let you sleep...in about an hour." He grins down at me and I blink. 

"You're going to kill me." I complain, wrapping my arms around my breast. "No, Im not." He grabs my wrist and pulls my arm away, sucking along my hardened nipples. I fliched slightly. My breast are still sore. He pauses, glancing up at me, "You okay?" I nod, my breathing labored. He kisses me again, his tongue exploring my mouth and I moan. I wrap my arms around his neck, my fingers grazing his cheek. He looks down at me with a smirk. "You just scratched with your ring." I blushed, slightly flustered. "Sorry." I mumble staring at my engagement ring. He nuzzles my neck, making me giggle. 

"Its all good. I told you I would marry you." I hug him tighter, "You promise to never let me go?" He kisses my neck, "Never."

His lips brush mine, “I love you Danielle.”

“I love you too Damion.” Our lips meet again and I can feel my heart dancing.

I smile against his lips as I realize that Mr. Cool actually turned out to be Mr. Right.