I'm So Silly

!!!Angst!!!

Mitsuba's alive
1st year of middle school
Weeks after he met Kou
Is still concealing his true self
Mitsuba is a bit of a yandere

Mitsuba's POV

It was the day after Kou's birthday. And I would never forget what happened that day.

It's Minamoto-kun's birthday today. It was afternoon. School was done for the day and everyone went about their time or gone home. Since it was his birthday, one of his friends said that they would treat him and his other friends to karaoke. Me included.

Actually, I was so excited that I got to celebrate Kou's birthday with his friends. And I hope I can make a good impression. I agreed to come because Kou asked me. And because I wanted to be with him on his birthday no matter what. I was desperate.

I admired him since the day we met. Which is actually a few weeks ago.

We all went to the place where we would celebrate. His friend Yokoo picked out a booth. We got inside the room. It was a bit small but there were enough seats for all of us. We sat down and put down our bags. Minamoto-kun's friends were already picking out their songs while I was just sitting in the corner-most seat.

I pulled out my camera out of my bag then started taking pictures of everyone. The room's lighting wasn't too dim so, I could still take nice photos of everyone. Most of them consist of Minamoto-kun.

I can see that everyone was having fun talking and singing. I'm afraid of saying something wrong so, I just stay quiet. But one of them talked to me so I spoke back. Before I knew it, I was already having so much fun.

I've always wanted to talk to someone and make other friends, but I'm afraid of making a mistake and then lose their trust. Being rejected feels painful.

Minamoto-kun looks like he was having a blast. Then he looked at me. I guess it was because I was staring at him for too long. He got up then asked the person next to me to exchange seats with him. The boy agreed and so Minamoto-kun sat next to me. I was thrilled.

"What's wrong Mitsuba? Aren't you going to sing?"

"Uh...no."

"Why? I bet your just shy to sing."

"Heh. You got me."

"Come on. You'll sound great."

"Well, alright. If you insist."

I asked for the song book and searched a tune that I could sing to.... I found one! So, I entered that song then got up on the platform upfront. I started singing. At first I was a bit low in volume but then started to get into it. I was so immersed in singing that I didn't realize that everyone was staring at me. Especially Kou.

The song ended then the screen showed my score. I didn't care for what my score was. I went back to my seat.

Minamoto-kun complemented me for my beautiful singing voice and that made me blush at just that. His words made me feel good about myself.

Minamoto-kun and I were finally chatting to each other. It felt amazing. I was so glad that I came. But then someone else took away our fun conversation. They got Kou's attention. And away from me. I got a bit restless and impatient so I tried to get Kou's eyes and ears on me again.