𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑖𝑥: 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝐷𝑜 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡

❝ 𝑆𝑜 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒, 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒
𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠, 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑜 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑
𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑙𝑎𝑡
𝐵𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒
𝑂ℎ, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ❞

***

"Ellie, how does this look?" Elouise looked up to see Anna twirling happily in a dress. "Do you think they'll like it?"

Elouise laughed. "They'll love it."

"This is awesome!" said Ava, falling back onto her bed dramatically, dressed in her matching dress. "The Beatles, Ellie! You're interviewing the Beatles."

"Yes I am!" responded Elouise. It was already four-thirty. Elouise had come home at three and went straight to tell the twins the wonderful news: that she would be interviewing the Beatles, and they could come along. They were extremely excited. At first, they hadn't believed her. "Now, do you remember what I told you?" she asked them.

"Yes!" they voiced. "We have to be on our very best behavior. No yelling and getting in the way. Stay next to you and act normal," they recited Elouise's words in perfect unison.

"Very good. Now, to get there on time with the snow, we should leave soon. Come here and I'll do your hair real quick."

Anna and Ava smiled enthusiastically, each racing over to Elouise in an attempt to beat the other. Ava made it first in the end. Elouise took her hairbrush from next to her and began to run it through Ava's long, blond hair. Once it was all combed through, she separated two small sections of it on either side and tied them off, starting on one side and French braiding along the side of her head. Once finished, she secured it in the back and began on the other side.

"That looks so pretty!" said Anna, who was sitting beside them, watching as she worked. "Did Mommy teach you that?"

Elouise nodded. "She taught me when I was no older than you!"

"Really?" asked Ava from in front of me, trying her best to stay still. "Can you teach us?"

"Of course I can," Elouise responded. "Not tonight, though."

"Well, of course not! We are going to see the Beatles!"

"Yes, we are," Elouise responded, securing the two braids together with an elastic and securing some bobby-pins just to be safe. She peeked at the clock. "Now, hurry up! We've gotta be out of here soon."

Ava and Anna switched spots swiftly and Elouise went to work on Anna's hair, doing it up the same way as Ava's.

They all looked up when Lizzy came into the room, a wide smile on her face. She'd been a bit bummed that she wasn't going to be able to go along with Elouise and the twins, but something had brightened up her mood really quick.

"Why're you all bubbly, then?" asked Anna.

Lizzy plopped down on her bed and began to slip her shoes on. "Mom and I are going to a movie and dinner at my favorite restaurant," she said happily.

Elouise smiled. "That's great, Liz." She looked back down and finished Anna's first braid.

"She's really, y'know--." She didn't seem to know how to finish her thought. "She's really getting better."